1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Candle Burning - Meaning Of Colors

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Froggie, Mar 17, 2011.

1. Froggie

Froggie When it seems impossible, the possible happens

Hi, I've been asked by a few members what one or another color represents. I've worked on translating what I have, using the basic colors only as this would be one hefty job. So here is the result. If any mistakes in grammar or whatever, please let me know and I will correct it. Any questions, just ask.

Black
    N.B. ALWAYS burn 3 white candles before lighting a black one, and stuff out the black one before stuffing out the 3 white candles
    End of a cycle (event, context); chases any negative influences; helps with grieving (deaths, loss of job, friendships, etc.)

Brown
    Attracts happiness, peace, serenity; concentration; acts as a protection shield; brings one closer to Mother Earth; protects animals

Gold
    Prosperity; chance; good judgment; success; drives away aggressive / abusive people

Green
    Health; financial and material stability; chance; abundance; good for new projects; helps against jealousy and envious people (good shield); equilibrates / polarizes; helps for ambition (positive sort)

Indigo
    Mental force; helps defend oneself; love; clairvoyance

Light bleu / sky bleu
    Help find answers when in doubt; find faith; support in our actions.

Medium bleu
    Divine wisdom; peace; loyalty; truth; sincerity; protection; reinforces health (physical, emotional and psychological)

Orange
    Relates to one’s Divinity; healthy love relationships; vitality; friendship; intuition; inspiration; joy; happiness; willpower to succeed

Pink
    Success in our life’s mission / destiny; attracts what belongs to us; friendship; sensuality; comforting; reconciliation; calming effect during hefty stress periods or emotional perturbation

Purple
    Gives empowerment and maturity to assume one’s life; have contact with one’s inner strength; spiritual and material strength by one’s empowerment

Red
    Increases willpower, creativity, health; good when starting new projects; love / intimate relationships; physical force; courage; determination

Silver
    Neutralizes negative effects; helps for things we ask for (that we need); increases intuition capacities

Violet / Lavender / Mauve
    Helps with meditation; wisdom; perseverance; feeling proud; justice; protection

White
    Wisdom; faith; fidelity; clairvoyance; peace; protection; purification

Yellow
    Increases self confidence, helps to be pro-active; joy; knowledge; reveals talents and gifts within oneself; calming effect +++

N.B.: never use dark colored candles as the effects are more negative like a lone black candle. The only 2 colors which do not apply to this rule are the blues and violet / mauve colors.
  2. amethist

amethist The Mystic Duck Staff Member Premium Member

Hey this is good Froggie.

Maybe you could go on to explain how to prepare and dress them in the correct way. Loads of different ways to use candles, for so many reasons.

As well as ensuring you only use them for the good, or it could come back and bite you 3 fold.

Amethist
    Whitneys story, gizmo and Froggie like this.
  3. KP the nut

KP the nut Tigger is back Staff Member Premium Member

Wow, that is amazing. I'm going to print it off. I tend to burn red and fruity scented.
  4. Froggie

Will do Amethist, will give a few basics on it. You know if you have some informations, you can post, I would really find that interesting
  5. amethist

amethist The Mystic Duck Staff Member Premium Member

May be a bit too deep and mystical for some Froggie. But I don't mind adding some basics in.
  6. Pottershand

Pottershand VIP Member Premium Member

Thanks Froggie! Wow you put a lot of work into this. I appreciate it a lot!
  7. Froggie

I understand amethist, but when I did my research on the meaning of certain symbols it was to understand the unconscious langage and found there were 3 stratums to archetypes. the first stratum, which I call the primary is the one where everyone relates to it no matter age, sexe nor culture. The colors come in this category - the collective unconsciousness - which is a weird way of naming it as everyone instinctively or intuitively goes for the same color for the same needs. Like, no matter who you are, if you smile, the other will know what you are feeling. I've added some mystical information as some of my clients have those beliefs, just like some people here. So everyone gets their fair share of knowledge.
    Whitneys story and gizmo like this.
  8. Froggie

I've decided to give a few cues to those who ask, but that would be only through a personal convesation as I find that some details would be irrelevant with this forum. Just send me your questions, reflexions, suggestions, etc. and it will be great fun to get to know one another.
    Whitneys story and gizmo like this.
  9. KP the nut

I thought I'd bump this thread back up the list. Lots of us burn candles and it is nice to know how different colours help.
    Whitneys story, gizmo and Sammy like this.
  10. gizmo

gizmo Follow a rainbow trail. Premium Member

Thanks Froggie. You put alot of work into this. I found it really interesting.
  11. Whitneys story

Whitneys story My very own hug forever! Premium Member

Froggie, This is fascinating. Also very similar to the colors used in meditation. I would love to know more about what work you use. Thanks, Whitney
    Britt.f7 and gizmo like this.
  12. KP the nut

If I light more than one candle, I have multiple colours of different scents.
    Whitneys story, Britt.f7 and gizmo like this.