• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cant Keep A Thought In My Head

Status
Not open for further replies.

xraydave

Confident
I am 20 and have ptsd with dissociative features. it's like my thoughts are all over the place. it's a mess, how do you guys keep 'going from one thing to another' coherently? i can't even keep my memory and thoughts intact to form the next sentence as part of a structural whole.

for some reason i suspect autism. i drive people away for similair things, like i cant respect the social context in which i behave and think either. like i dont know what would be appropriate to say here and there, and rather just add something in and hope for the best.

ive had neuropsych testing and it came out that my semantic memory is lower than average, so i cant make links as much because of my traumatic experiences. the worst part is that i was doing good, and therapy worked for a really long time, and i didnt have to go as well. but now im back here again! talking to everyone here, and researching all these 'things that are wrong with me', and messing myself up. and i dont want that for myself.

it feels like im going crazy. please tell me someone else has this issue when they have had so many traumatic memories that they cant cope as well anymore.

Can you get back into therapy?
i probably could. i have a little note like thing down from my last therapy session, and i used that to reprocess and reorganize everything in my life again. i think it's just a collection of responses with my environment and people in my environment. it triggered me into a old and broken thought process and that's like a relapse of some sort.

thinking i have a myriad of disorders is part of this personality problem i have, and i have some faith i can get over this again. but yeah i will definitely try to get another referral, just as a safety net. :) thanks for the response

thinking i have a myriad of disorders is part of this personality problem i have
Try, if possible, to deal with one issue at a time. Like 'I will focus on trauma memories'. Or 'I will focus on putting into place a system for not losing things'.

I know I suffer from what you describe in your OP. I also remember, at 20 years old (34 years ago), joking that I had early onset alzheimers. I greatly improved when I had kids, as I needed to be a good mother for them but then everything fell apart again post kids. Back to working on this. One thing I did with the T doc is to focus him so that I was not scattered and overwhelmed with tons of issues. One thing at a time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back