• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can't start fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

Nuget

I moved to a new town this summer so that I could start fresh. I felt that if I was anonymous, I could maybe break the cycle of frustration and shame that hits me several times a day.

But I can't escape it.

I continue to not be able to handle the pain and I continue to f*ck up to make it worse.

Do you have a question? That usually helps get people talking. You also only posted about an hour ago. Remember that everyone is in different areas of the world. Right now on the western side of the US, it's just now 7pm and people are getting on with dinner, etc.
Be patient.

my problems have fallowed me for years. I am back living where it all happened again now. I think I am better off here as I know this place and where all the traps are to trigger me so I avoid those places. I don't think you can ever truly leave it all behind. Hope full that you will be able to process and live with the past knowing that it is the past and can not physically hurt you any more.

Do you have a question? That usually helps get people talking. You also only posted about an hour ago. Remember that ever...
Kinda posting because I'm triggered. Tough to talk calmly, be patient about anything. I'm sure you're trying to be helpful but it feels like scolding. Again: I'm triggered. So maybe this whole thing was a bad idea.

Kinda posting because I'm triggered. Tough to talk calmly, be patient about anything. I'm sure you're trying to be helpful but it feels like scolding. Again: I'm triggered. So maybe this whole thing was a bad idea.
TOTALLY not scolding. I want you to get the support you seek. It's more to encourage you to sit with it- especially if you're triggered.
We ALL get it.

i'm not sure but if you do a help ticket they will help you stop it.

This is Nano (originally)
One last thing. About 4 years ago I was EXACTLY where you are: trying to start over in a new town and tried to stay anonymous
I had to find help. Help in the form of therapy. Help in the form of support. It meant reaching out.
It's been hard. I won't lie. But I'm in a better spot.

Reaching out for help how ever you can is going to help you, so long as you can accept the help and the support. You will find help and compassion live here.

I’m glad you posted because this is my intention. Move away and start fresh. I know problems stay the same so I will continue with my treatment no matter where I go. I hope it gets better for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back