• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can't start fresh

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm seeing a therapist. I have asked for help from friends but the ones I've talked to recently have told me to get over it in one way or another so I'm wary of seeking more help.

I'm seeing a therapist. I have asked for help from friends but the ones I've talked to recently have told me to get over it in one way or another so I'm wary of seeking more help.
People just don't understand I stopped talking to them a long time ago. i talk here where people understand and I talk to my doctor and used to talk to a T but that doesn't happen any more. People are really callus I can't believe the stuff I have heard people say. I really hope I don't see some of them in trouble as I would not like that I would half to help them. I would help them but I would have to hold my nose.

Seeking help from friends can backfire on us.

Most people don't understand ptsd. They don't understand that by virtue of having this disorder we CANT just get over it.

The really hard part is the two people I heard it from recently have been trained by me and my therapist to understand PTSD so they can help me. Its like they forgot or think I'm stronger than I am in those moments or are just tired of it. Hell, I'm tired of it.

I really can't tolerate this pain anymore. I fantasize to the point of compulsion about doing harm to myself so they can SEE the internal pain.

I feel like I'm being a bully to others when I'm triggered. The reaction I have is uncontrollable.

I feel like I'm being a bully to others when I'm triggered. The reaction I have is uncontrollable.

Good news : You might not be able to control the reaction now, but? You can learn to.

I'm seeing a therapist. I have asked for help from friends but the ones I've talked to recently have told me to get over...
i have too moved from another state only to find the new start i wished for never came about, i have had many up and downs , but the outcome is always the same. I too am in therapy but I knew get the chance to talk about what i need to talk about or that they dont have much time, its that cycle that keeps continuing.
I have learned one thing is that I isolated myself too much , to the point I did not even know I was doing it. i am learning lots just as everyone else , But I too Fail more often then not

Good news : You might not be able to control the reaction now, but? You can learn to.
I've been working on it for years. When I get triggered I can't get out without lashing out. Just can't seem to get control over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back