• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Can't Take The Constant Changes!

Status
Not open for further replies.

HappyJock

Confident
I'm at a breaking point. I can't take it anymore and I'm afraid I'm going insane (not really... but to the point of severe confusion and depression). I have EXTREME and SEVERE mood swings. I can't stress how severe they are. I can go from loving someone to hating them. I see the hate in my eyes for myself, even. I don't hate others that much, though. But what's more, I feel like many different people with completely different memories, beliefs and ways of being. So much to the point where if I'm part "A" on Monday, I HATE writing and can't write. Literally, it's just I'm unable to process much. If I'm part "B" of myself, I can write a creative novel. If I'm part "C" of myself, I can code an Android app. If I'm part "D", I can't even code a single HTML line. I even get confused as to who I am anymore. How can I ever lead a normal life if I just keep forgetting skills, memories, then re-gaining them, then losing them, then re-gaining them, then forgetting my past, then loving someone, then hating. What is this? I know it's not just PTSD. There's lots of memory loss involved and it's making me go crazy. Right now, I'm so driven, I want to work, write, run a business. Come tomorrow, I'll lose myself and I'll have forgotten everything about today. Literally.

You say that you are at your breaking point. That's got me a tad worried, are you safe with yoursel...

I truly admire your concern. To be honest, I would say that I'm "never' safe with myself. Which is why the whole personality thing frightens me. If it keeps on happening, there's no real way of knowing who I am, if that makes sense. Not to others, of course. I'm a people person, even though I'm not trusting. I care. But about myself, I can't say that I'm ever safe. When I am "me", the real me, yes. I am safe then. But other than that, I'm not really sure what to say, think or do.

Not having DID myself, I know I can't understand it. I try, but I know it's one of those things you have to experience to even begin to understand.

Not having DID myself, I know I can't understand it. I try, but I know it's one of those things you...

Well, thanks. I hear that. But the ironic thing is, I wasn't yet diagnosed with it. Mostly because, well, I haven't even brought this up with my therapist. Does it sound like DID? And do you think it's something to tell my T?

I am the last person who could tell you if it's DID. The way you described it, sounded like you were referring to alters. Up untill I joined this forum I thought it was still called multiple personality disorder.

I can tell you however that it might be a good idea to discuss with your therapist, and or doctor/psychiatrist. They will be far more helpful in that regard.

I am the last person who could tell you if it's DID. The way you described it, sounded like you wer...

I see, thanks! I will bring it up with my T tomorrow and see what she says. I just fear that she's one of those T's who don't believe in DID and think it's playacting. I always get paranoid when I ask for mental health help.

Argh! I have DID as well as Borderline traits and it's sometimes impossible to tell which one is behind the mood swings and personality roulette. Totally raise it with your T (if they know their sh!t), because getting that validation was sooo important to me. It meant I could research both, get help for both, start to learn how to identify the difference (which can sometimes help me control it *gasp*).

I don't know, but most of the time, it helps to just be able to say to yourself, "this is super crap, but at least I know what's happening". That said, it's no walk in the park. And I am in a constant struggle with my own safety. My T doesn't bother with 'Safety Contracts' any more. I'll change my mind about it the second my personality changes. But I have guaranteed that I'll keep doing my best. And that's gotta be good enough for now.

Nb. Take all that with a grain of salt, coz I'm hospitalised for safety reasons at the moment:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back