1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Car Accident Last Night

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

I am struggling to type so bear with me. Wrecked last night. Logan (my son) and Ed are fine. I think my arm is broken, had a tantrum and walked out of the ER so don't know for sure. Very painful and disformed. I am hoping to go to a reputible hospital on the front range tomorrow, don't have funds for gas at the moment. Car is not drivable either. All damage on right front and right front side, I was in the jumpseat of course. Will inform more when I know more. Just Hurt likr heck. Lots of new bruises coming up. Ed Hydroplaned on mud. :wall::hit-boss:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Ugh sorry to hear it Portabella. Hope you are all right. If you think your arm is broken you really should try going back to the doctor. Take care.

4. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

Very sorry to hear about the accident and your arm. I have issues with doctors myself but it doesn't sound good. I've had to deal with a broken ankle for over a year now-although I seem to be prone to long recoveries. Please take care and let us know the outcome.

5. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

You're in my prayers Porta.

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Bella,

Glad your family is ok. Sorry to hear about your arm. I hope you find a way to a good doctor who can help you.

Lisa

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Don't trow a tantrum!!! Get in and be seen. Let us know how you are doing. Glad everyone else is OK... But get your ass in there and get checked out dammit.

8. Rob T.

Rob T. Active Member

Dear Portabella,

I'm so sorry to hear about your being in an accident. I had been in 4 car accidents in my life. I won't go into details of the A(s) but they always make me feel my world was spun around too quickly and they bring up my levels of hurt and fear.

I'm sorry-maybe you didn't want to hear that last part. I'm sorry. I hope that you and everyone get the necessary funds, medical treatment, car rides and therapy that you need to recover from this A.

I'm just going on my memories, but it might be a few days for your bodies to wind down from the adrenaline and physical hurts that you had gotten-at least that was my experience from my last A.

If they feel that they need someone outside of the event to talk to about the event, you could suggest to Ed and Logan that they go to a councillor and talk about the event. Some Christian ministers, or priests or other clergymen + clergywomen are trained councillors and will council people for free. You will have to call or ask the ministers +those people to see if they can provide free councilling to talk about the A. BUT PLEASE as it is with going and talking to any person, please only go to people and religious people and clergy men and clergy women that you trust.

The ministers who are councillors, I believe, aren't trained to cure neurosis or personality disorders, but they have helped me in the past when I just have an emotional event I want to talk about with a neutral person. Such as me talking to a minister about: "my friends treated me like crap, and that hurts me like you wouldn't believe", or issues like that.

I just wanted to bring up [clergymen and clergywomen who are councillors for free] as a suggestion. I can't stand giving suggestions or advice-it always makes me fee like my Big old Bossy Mom. I'm Joking. Heh, Heh.

[ And after Rob finished writing you a letter the size of a book....] Ha.

I hope that you and Logan and Ed feel better. And I hope that you and Logan and Ed get all the stuff you need to physically and emotionally repair. Please take things slowly and please take care of yourselves.

I Hope that you get some easy days for awhile,

We'll be thinking of you,

Have a Good Day,

Rob

9. Portabella

Thank you all for all your well wishes. I went to the doctor and is is broken long ways about a 3-4 inch crack, I have to refrain from any use for now in hopes it will heal itself and the plates won't move. I don't know, that is what the doc said, if I do its like a crack in a windsheild and it could become a compound fracture.I also pulled my rotator cuff. I will know more tuesday when I get to get re xrayed and see if its holding up, otherwise they will have to put a plate in it or pin the bone together. The pain is substantial but I am doing good otherwise. again thanks to all.

10. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

I am so happy you were seen! Sorry if I came off like an ass but felt I should. Now please talk about this and get it all out of you. Bones heal much faster than the mind.

I have only had the bones in my hand broken when young (babysitter on accident and a car door) Take gentle care and you better be typing one handed or not at all. Take care of you and vent (one handed if you need). Feel better soon hon.

11. zoe

zoe Well-Known Member

I am so glad you decided to go to the doctor - but sorry it was broken. Take care and don't push it (very easy to say) but not to do.

Take care,
    jmp

12. Portabella

Well, its been a week and a day since my run in with the fence. I have to go to the doctor today and I think they are going to re x-ray me to see if my bone is continuing to break or if healing is an option. I found out that the insurance company is not paying for this, so when I return to work I fear major garnishment is looming in my future. My arm hurts and looks funny still, so I think it may be slightly disfigured, but nothing extremely noticable. Call me silly but the muscle relaxants are not touching the pain and I am hoping that they will give me something to take the edge off today. Well, just thought I would keep you updated.
    T.