• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Car And Credit Shit

• Thread starter Deleted member 541
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 541

Ok so today my car died, well not totally died, but bad enough so I couldn't drive it. It was fine on my way to work, but when I left, the Check Engine light came on and the freaking car was shaking like it had PTSD!!!! So, got a ride home and called a tow truck.

The bigger issue is my credit card company. Last yr because the f*ckers kept increasing my credit limit, and I really didn't want to TEMPT myself with that much credit. I called them and asked to LOWER my credit limit and FREEZE my account. I also asked at the time, if I needed to remove the freeze and up my limit again, if it would be a problem., was told, NO PROBLEM, you can do that anytime you need...

Mind you... My credit score as of this month is 788 and TOTAL debt as of today was $391.71. The f*ckers refused to UNFREEZE my credit and up my limit. So, now I can't even rent a f*cking car to get back and forth to work.

I'm also taking the week of the 17th-24th off for vacation. So NOW I get to loose 2 weeks of work/pay.

Life is so much fun... Is there a sarcasm emoji???????

Oh! dear, sorry to read that, I've never had a credit card, but I know what you mean about being offered a higher limit.

My bank kept of offering me an increase on my over draft, I kept refusing. Then a year later, when I was actually needing a larger over draft, the bank told me to sod off!!

But then, they sent me a letter offering me a credit card through the bank, so I told them to.........sod off!! Lol.

@Gadgie That's funny, and good for you for telling them to basically "stick it". I just got off the phone with them AGAIN, and now even the supervisor is confused and can't figure out why this is happening. So he's sending to yet another dept for review. Told him he can send it to whatever department he wants, but if it isn't resolved by Tuesday, I'm canceling my credit card with them. f*cking 14 yrs of excellent credit and they pull this shit... I think the main issue is.... They make NO MONEY off of me, cause I pay the bill in full when it comes in, so they don't get their f*cking 18% .... Assholes....

I do not have one credit card. If I can't pay cash I have to do without. The idea of that hanging over my head scared me to death.
Hope they get it fixed for you so you can get to work and get that much deserved vacation.

@ladee I never had a credit card until I was in my 50's. Then something(can't remember what) came up and I was required to have one. I told my friend about the issue and she called her credit card co and she had me put on a part of her credit. I was issued a card with my name, but in the end if I failed to pay the bill it landed on my friend shoulders. I would never do that, so I made sure I ALWAYS paid the bill in full. Every month I would order something little, and then pay the bill off. I was trying to establish a good credit history.

After 2 yrs, I applied for my own and was given one. I've never had an issue, till today. I guess I screwed myself when I LOWERED my credit limit a yr ago, and froze it, so that the credit company could review and increase my credit limit. That's how they suck people in. They keep increasing your credit limit, and many people keep spending and only paying the minimum payments every month. I once heard that a credit card with a $2000.00 balance, can take up to 22 yrs to pay off if you only make the minimum payment. That's because they get you with the interest, which can be anywhere from 5-28% on what you owe.

Anyways, I've never bought anything on credit that I couldn't pay when the bill comes in. And where I live, even to rent an apartment that's decent in a good neighborhood, landlords can ask to check your credit report and score. It's hard to live without credit cards. It can be done, but it's difficult...

I suppose it's different in America, but I've managed to get to my age without ever owning one.

In fact it was the bank manager who hauled me into his office, way back in the 70s, and got to change the account over to a credit account, and gave me cheque book, which I never used for a long time, but I did eventually.

I was brought up with the idea that, if you can't buy it outright, then you can't afford it, changed days now though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back