1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Cass's Mental Imagery

Discussion in 'General' started by GR-ass, Jan 4, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

WARNING: If you plan on submitting your own mental imagery interview for assessment, DO NOT read the proceeding first, instead fill out your own interview first, then read these, so your current mental image is not skewed, resulting in a possible inaccurate emotional state being returned to you.

Q1. What colour is the road? The road is a grey black, like ash after a bushfire. The whole landscape seems charred, dulled, shadowed.
    Q2. What texture is the road? The road is made up of powdery dirt, like fine sand in texture.
    Q3. How solid is the road? The surface seems to slide underfoot, it seems unstable and yet has a deeper stability underneath. The powdery upper surface gives way to a solid under bank.

You continue walking and come to a river that must be crossed. There before you is the river; the size and depth are up to you. You cannot go around it but must imagine a way to cross it. Whatever you need to cross the river is already within your mind, just imagine seeing yourself do it.

Q4. How do you cross the river? There is a small row boat on the closer side of the river. I use the boat, but not the oars, instead I use a rope strung across the river to ferry me and the boat across.
    Q5. What does the water look like? The water is dark and reflective. There is the swirling of an undercurrent below.
    Q6. How fast is the water current? On the surface the river looks still, below the current is fierce, waiting for some one unwary enough to try and swim it.
    Q7. Is there anything in the water? If so, what? There are glimmerings of memory, a trick of the eye. In the water the shadows and eddies seem to form the faces of people, places.

You have crossed the river and continue walking. You come to a house. Take a good look at the house. Notice the impression it makes on you.

Q8. What colour is the house? The house is white, with blue paint around the windows and a blue door.
    Q9. What condition is the house in? The house looks well loved. While a small cottage style place, it gives an impression of home, of safety and of security.
    Q10. Does anyone live in the house? If so, who? An old woman and a little girl.

We continue forward in our minds journey and come to an open field. A cup is on the ground, and we stop to examine it. The cup can be of any size, shape, colour and description. Focus on it's look, condition and contents.

Q11. What colour is the cup? The cup is of tarnished silver.
    Q12. What condition is the cup in? It is tarnished, a little dinted and battered, but still whole.
    Q13. Is there anything in the cup? If so, what? There is blood in the cup, tacky and still fresh.

You continue walking down the road and come to something blocking your path. It stops you in your tracks and prevents you from going forward. This is an obstacle.

Q14. What is the obstacle, and please describe it in detail? The obstacle is a fallen ree. An old rainforest giant whose very size makes everything around it seem insignificant. It is covered in moss, a strangler fig winds it’s way around. At what once first seemed solid is but an empty shell.
    Q15. What do you see beyond the obstacle? I see darkness and thorns, a path that looks both fearful and painful, there are shadows flickering around, daring me to take a step out of safety.

anthony likes this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Cass,

Don't forget the second part of this... as its important. I cannot process this until that is done. The second stage is listed within the format thread.

4. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

:p

I know, just have major headache *sighs*

curls up to sleep

5. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Ok, self analysis time
    Q1. the road I see as an ash like color because to me a forest, a road after bushfire while decimated also has a greater chance of regrowth. After fire a charred landscape regreens, finds life when there otherwise wouldn't have been any. This is how I see me. I have been burnt, bt like the forest attound me, I can heal and be vibrant again.

Q2. The powdery dirt makes it tiring to walk on. I thnk I feel at times that my road, my journey is exhausting. I don't want to go forwards but there is nothing to go back to.

Q3 See answer above. Gee, so love feeling like I'm forever going backwards. Don't want to go back, just can't help slipping now and then.

Q4 Okay, the row boat. Me not using the oars is basically a I don't feel strong enough. Using the rope is easier, at least to start off.

Q5 The water is like a mask. It's something I use to hide behind. I can't see myself in it, not truly. I don't think I can see anything clearly, not till I loose my mask.

Q6 The current to me represents the emotions I keep hidden. The run so hard so fast. I don't let people see them, I don't like showing weakness, and yet my emotions, the current can still be felt.

Q7 Heh, really. Was I high when I wrote this? I think I hide memories still. If I don't want to face them I push them away. It doesn't make them go away though, just lets them resettle to find me again when I am less wary.

Q8 My house. I see it a s white, cottage like, because it is comforting, clean in a nightmare world. It is almost shining bright, pure.

Q9 Safe and secure. My house is where I retreat to. It is my safe place, where I would put myself to get away from reality and all the bad shit.

Q10. I think both the old woman and the girl are me. The old woman represents all the bad shit, the stuff I have lived through. It is the part of me that looks on life and protects and cares for everything.
    The girl however is the part of me, that innocent part that I locked away years ago. She is a part of me that I will never regain, a ghost of me. It makes me sad, makes me cry to think of her vivacity. I was like her once. I laughed and played and enjoyed life. She has no fear.

Q11 My cup is tarnished and yet still silvery. Silver is often used to represent purity, i think it is my way of saying t myself that I am not to blame. I still have 'purity'. I'm not bad. The tarnish however is a sign that I really do blame myself.

Q12 Dinted and battered? Who me?

Q13. Blood. Why do I have a fixation with blood? (is rhetorical) it could be a sign of wounds unhealed, of life. A reminder of my sef harming. It could be that I feel as if I am dying inside.

Q14 Okay, my tree. My obstacle. I like forests, and trees. My tree however blocks my path. It seems an unbeatable obstacle. I seem to be making things hard for myself. I don't want to disturb anything that lives there, but I have to get past. Symbolically representing my desire to not cause waves, to not cause any ripples in life.

Q15. Why does going forward seem so scary? Really. My nightmare scape just turned painful. I have a feeling I have a shit load of healing to do yet. The path forward, my path to healing is full of pain yet. I know I have to face it because behind me (looks over proverbial shoulder into greyness) is nothing.

6. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

Anthony, I don't think I like this *curls up and cries*

Really don't.

7. anthony

You are confused about life, been sad for a long time now and holding secrets about many facets of your life. You are aware you have not been in control of your life. You have a marked inhibition to trust those within intimate relationships, possibly feel like you are being swirled around; under the control of others even, holding more secrets about your sexual past. You demonstrate an innocent idealism with your support systems, though you are in denial that you have received the support you needed growing up, and even to this day. Possible alienation from your mother or father, with incest present within your life. You value commitment highly, though are very aware of past hurt within committed relationships. Family abuse is present within committed relationships. You feel a victim of life itself, though you are aware of future pain in order to re-establish your life. You do not see life past your fear at present.

8. anthony

Cass, can you tell me in more detail, how your tree fell? Imagine you are standing back, describe the weather, the tree, how it falls, what makes it fall, like a movie with precise detail.

9. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

The tree, Anthony, have you been up to the Atherton table lands? My tree has fallen, strangled to death by a fig. It seems such an innocuous thing, gives the tree a sense of life when there is none. It's but an illusion.
    The tree doesn't fall, it's just there, it just is.

The weather is cold and still, with a hint of rain in the air. It does fall, an irritating drizzle.

10. anthony

Cass, let me start by saying, you are the tree. You feel as though you have fell from an unpleasant sexual issue that is irritating you.

Who is the fig Cass? If you think of yourself as that fallen tree, then a fig is larger, more powerful in size, a male figure most likely, that has strangled you, sucked your lifes juices from you, starved you to a degree.

11. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

I'm scared of the fig. I don't want to look too closely at it.

Shards and shells anthony, this makes me hurt more then my trauma diary *whimpers*

It is a representation of everyone, every male that hurt me. My brothers, warren, clinton.
    They all used me sexualy, used me up and left me empty.
    They left me a shell.

Promptly climbs int the tree. If I started to sweat at you and told you to piss off, would you listen?

I hope not, I really don't mean it. Just a little hurting at the moment.

12. anthony

Cass, before that tree there is another obstacle, what is it and please describe it in detail?

13. GR-ass

GR-ass Well-Known Member

A rock. Weathered and moss covered. Large, kind of reddish in color. Solid coloured, not translucent. Warm to touch. Beats in time to my heart.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar