1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Celexa?

Discussion in 'Medications & Substances' started by TScorpio1, May 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TScorpio1

TScorpio1 Member

Omg, the side effects r killing me. . . :die: is it really workable for PTSD? I really don't want to go thru another 2 wks of this if I can ask the doc for something more effective. Thanks for any info!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. wildfirewildone

wildfirewildone Well-Known Member

:hello: I want to let you know that I was on Celexa many many years ago....It was long before I was diagnosed with PTSD [4 years ago] and it worked for me really well for a year....All the people who knew me were just so amazed that I was doing soooo well.....then it quit working....I'm not sure of the timing but I was later put back on it in the doctor's hope that it would work again.....BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! About 6 weeks into the 2nd trial.....I developed an antiphilactic reaction to it one evening [I had had a rash on my upper chest and on my neck for 3 days and an ER doc misdiagnosed me and I went home] so I was just about a goner.....Please discuss with your prescribing doctor as to just how you are feeling....Tell him/her the truth and see what else can be tried.....Within 2 or 3 weeks the side effects of meds should lesson....Again talk with your doctor!!! Everyone's chemical systems are different that's why there are quite a few meds that can be tried....Also do an online search on the Celexa and find out everything about it....Hopefully your doctor has talked over with you all the side effects....My best wishes.....KEEPING THE PEACE

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar