1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

CF Medic w/ PTSD New to the Forum

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by starlight61, Aug 16, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. starlight61

starlight61 New Member

hey all, new to the forum, served as a military medic for 17 yrs and have recently been diagnosed w/ptsd, looking to talk about this problem hope to help others,
    the questions that keep coming are why me and why now, retired 4 yrs ago and took a first aid course upgarde for work and bam nightmares andflash backs and sweats, did not know how many pills i have taken, any other medics out there?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Welcome to the forum. We all seem to ask why me and now? Sadly you end up realizing why not me and why not now? It happening now is great as now is the first step to getting life back in order and under control sooner than later. Sorry you ran into a trigger but they seem to just pop up and would have at some point if you were carrying PTSD around. Never pleasant.

4. Lisa

Lisa Well-Known Member

Why not me why not now... very good way of putting it veiled.

It's crap, yes. But it doesn't have to always be as bad as it is right now... it takes a while to adapt to constantly monitoring yourself and taking each day as it comes, but there is always hope... and when there isn't... then there is us.

Welcome to the forum... i hope you find much support and friend here, I know I have...

5. camelady247

camelady247 New Member

Welcome, I'm new also.....16 years as a medic in the US Army '69-'85. PTSD symptoms for 27 plus years. Starting VA treatment designed for PTSD this week. Hang in there, you are not alone and things will get better, if slowly.

6. mouse

mouse Well-Known Member

Hey CF Im a medic civilian but have been Dx with PTSD now for a year many of my Flashbacks are Medic related feel free to PM me any time I know that some of the things that you are prob having flashbacks are things that you dont feel others should hear about but this is a safe group and have been very helpful for me I wish you luck in your new journey as hard as it is this is something that you can live with but it takes a lot of hard work. Welcome to the forum

7. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Welcome,

Gee is there a medic in the house????? I will now know where to come to post some medical questions...

Welcome again,

Wendy

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome starlight, enjoy the forum and look forward to chatting more with you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar