• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Changes In The Brain

• Thread starter Deleted member 28942
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28942

Hi,

Whenever I am able to release pent up emotions related to the trauma I feel that something is changing in my brain. For example, yesterday, I was listening to one really sad song (Slut - Welcome 2) that I used to listen to when I was in high school. All of a sudden I felt like I am back in my parents house listening to the song. I felt the immense sadness I felt then and I started crying. A lot of memories started rushing in my mind. After experiencing the sadness I felt that something is changing in my brain. I have experienced this before when I experience some of the emotions. Afterwards, I remembered some physics formulas that I loved in middle school. I even remembered what I was thinking back then. After that I felt happy and exhausted.

I am wondering does anyone else has similar experience. Is there a change happening in the brain? I am curious.

Yes. This happened to me big time when the PTSD first came on. It felt like my brain totally rewired. I could literally feel it. Nothing was the same since. Throughout healing I have found little surges of this feeling. There is a distinct feeling to it (for me). The smaller surges feel positive (healing).

Thanks for sharing your experiences. I experienced it again yesterday and after releasing some negative emotions a lot of positive memories came back. I am getting excited about the healing journey. I start remembering things I enjoyed as a kid and even the sensations associated with them. My head started to feel lighter. The antidepressants, which I started taking few days ago, might have something to do with this too but I think it is more due to the releasing of the pent up emotions.

Here is a short video about how PTSD effects the brain.
there are a lot of other videos but they all basically break down into how the Amidala and hippocampus work more than the average brain and the frontal lobe works less than the average brain.

Right now my brain is fired up. Some new memories resurfaced but I am having difficulty releasing the emotions. I feel like my head will explode. This is hard work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back