• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Changing Therapeutic Relationship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Crow

MyPTSD Pro
Therapy has gone from me wanting to run out the door and being angry at T to looking forward to our time. Yesterday T commented that the quality of our connection has really improved. Yesterday felt like a really deep, meaningful conversation. Not a one sided rant on my part. That's really nice.

T also made the point that I'm building a secure home environment - something I've not had. The friendships and romance will come later. I have to build the foundation that was never built. That had me feeling really good about where I am.

Dear @CrowFeather , do you mean your home is stable? Could I ask, do you have family? (It's ok not to say.)

That is wonderful btw (the most important part to say. :tup: :hug: )

Hi @Junebug . Stable is part of it. But I achieved the stable part a few years ago. I think in developmental psychology the idea that a child needs to feel safe and loved in a home in order to have the right environment for the vital building blocks is more what I'm talking about. I've forever not wanted to be where I am. But now I love being at home. I bought a rather rub down condo a few years ago and I've begun to fix it up. There's order. I'm working on cleanliness. I don't have family except for my cats.

So I guess I'm talking safe, comfortable, secure over stable.

Yes. :laugh:

Thank you @CrowFeather . So an external change & conditions (based on knowing how you feel about those changes, ie does it help or hinder, what makes you tick), that brings a '1st ever' feeling of safety, security, & internal peace(fulness)?

Honestly I think the catalyst is more the healthy attachments I've formed lately. I think this 'secure' thing is actually healthy attachment to my home. I guess everything is energy so whether a person, cat, car, or house....secure attachment is essential for healing and mental health.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back