• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Medical Changing Your Medications

Status
Not open for further replies.

judypieking

New Here
I do not like the new meds I am on.. I was doing just fine with what I was getting threw primary care and now my psychiatrist came up with this new stuff and Im all down and cant think as good...
I'm so over whelmed with paperwork and trying to keep myself together and now Im eating like a pig and Had my period from March 1st till March 23rd ,,,, Im irritated....

i don't take any meds for ptsd, was smoking but now cant even have that, have pain meds but thats all..and after lots of therapy its been quite an eye opener - i have been able to manage my symptoms a lot better, my reactions are in control and when i do go to 10 on the stress level like i did today, im able to bring myself into a reasonable state fairly quick, i know this would not work for everyone. I have had anti-depressants (many types) anxiety meds and a host of other meds....anti depressants never worked for me...made me worse- far worse, anti anxiety meds worked for a week or two and then i started overtaking them - and pretty much everything else had something or other that destroyed any benefit. If you feel its not working or making things worse....jump in the drivers seat and take control....advocate for yourself with the psychiatrist and question, question and question.

I refuse to be a chemical guinea pig...if it makes me feel worse and they say ..wait a few weeks , i calmly explain that i have lost functioning skills in trying them and don't want to lose anymore whilst i have to come off them, or be subjected to another set of chemical handcuffs. Good luck and i hope you work it out

Gosh I was taking Quetiapine 100mg at bedtime , Clonazepam 1mg twice daily, Sertraline 100mg at bedtime and Lorazepam 1mg twice day as needed.
Then I was put on Quetiapine 200mg at bedtime, Clonazepam 1mg twice daily, Divalproex extended R 1000mg at bedtime, Lithium Carbonate er 600mg at bedtime... I complained a little bit I felt too druged so they cut my Divalproexz in half but everything else same..
Just got my records today and it showed my AXIS I,II,III,IIII,V: Numbers, I looked it up and I guess I'm pretty messed up far as they are concerned. I am too so I cant really argue. I still cry a lot and feel high anxiety... I get panic attacks that last for hours at a time... feelings of despair but my hallucinations have gone down a little I think.

@judypieking, if it helps (about the numbers) sometimes they are making sure that you can get covered for as many different therapies/medications as you might need. So not that they are all BS, but there are certain codes that can be added and so they do. For me (and this is a super-small example) when I was first diagnosed it was Major depressive and generalized anxiety - even though really, the anxiety was not even an issue. but having both covered me for different groups of meds.

I'm really sorry to read what you are struggling through. I hope that things can start to level out for you, soon. Thinking of you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back