1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Chicago, IL.

Discussion in 'Social' started by sparta21, Jun 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sparta21

sparta21 Member

Hi. My name is Jeff, and I live in Chicago. I'm looking for others with ptsd to have some coffee with and chat. Trying to get out more. So pm me and let me know. I'm a pretty nice guy. Just darn hard to get myself out and about. Thanks.

Gloria and Stir Ling like this.
  2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. captincrunch

captincrunch New Member

hey jeff, my name is steph. Although I cannot come and meet you for coffee, as I live in Wisconsin, I wouldnt mind chatting. Im trying to make some friends as I am new at this:)

Gloria likes this.
  4. Gloria

Gloria I'm taking those lemons and making lemonaide! Donated

Jeff,
    My name is Gloria and I live near about 1 1/2 hours away from downtown Chicago. I would be interested in any meetings you have in the Chicago area. I am new on this site but I have attended 12 step meetings for years.
    Wish you the best in your journey!

5. Silver

Silver New Member

Hi, I'm Amanda. I live in the Schaumburg area, so not too far from Chicago. I would be interested in a small gathering of people, as I too do not get out as much as I should. I am super shy, and I have the bad habit of assuming people look down on me because I am 'so young', so I must not know anything. But I think that's just issues I have to work out with myself. :)

Gloria likes this.
  6. Gloria

Silver,

I lived in Hoffman Estates for years before moving out further northwest. I live about an hour from you if you take 53 to the end and then take 12 up to Fox Lake area. I would love to host something at my farm. In the summer, it's really nice to come up to the Chain of Lakes area. It's a nice drive.
    So keep that in mind and stay in touch! There has got to be more of us around here.

Gloria

7. Lethe

Lethe Member

I'm up around Arlington Heights. I also work downtown during the week. I've just started working through all of this, but I've always been really isolated and aloof. I'm also a lot nicer than I look, I just find it easier to look intimidating and then people keep away from you.

8. Gloria

Arlington Heights is all in the same area. I can think of restaurants and places that we can meet and have coffee if anybody wants to. I think when the weather gets better I will be more inclined to drive in.

Welcome to the forum!

9. Bubble

Bubble New Member

I live in Crete and when I do work it's downtown also.(I'm laid-off at the moment.) That would be cool to get together.

Gloria and (deleted member) like this.
  10. monticello18

monticello18 New Member

Hello, Im Michelle and I live in Chicago. It would be nice to find some people to start a support group in the area of nw chicago or suburbs. This thread is dated, so not sure what kind of response this will get, but if anyone is in the area and would like to meet up, please let me know.

Thanks,

M

Gloria likes this.
  11. Gloria

M,

I live in the Chain of Lakes area northwest of Chicago. I would be willing to drive to a closer suburb like Schaumburg if we get a group together. I own a horse farm on the Fox River. It's really nice in the summer to fish right out my door so I was thinking of hosting a picnic or something.

Gloria

12. monticello18

monticello18 New Member

Hi Gloria, good to hear from you. I actually spend alot of time at the chain boating in the summer. A good friend of mine has a house on Grass Lake, and I have family in Island Lake so I'm pretty familiar with the area. Too bad last summer was so cool and short, but I still managed to make it out most weekends anyways. I like to get out of the hustle and bustle of the city.
    Hopefully, some other area members will reply to this thread and we could set something up.

Take Care,

Michelle

Gloria likes this.
  13. Lethe

Lethe Member

It doesn't seem like it right now, but in another month or so, the early bulbs will be up at the Botanical Gardens. I always like heading out there as soon as things are coming up just to verify that we're finally done with winter.