• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

News Childhood trauma can lead to an average decrease in life expectancy of 20 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apparently you can get your telemere length measured and know exactly when you will go ( though lifestyle changes might lengthen them again ) _ I am considering getting it done because my PTSD is a work injury and if I can prove I have less telemere length alongside what the reseach says about losing ten years life expectancy maybe they will have to pay me for my anticipated lost years .....changing diet may cut down in inflammation but I suspect that some of our issues are about genes being switched on or off and we might be damned no matter what we do. I think for adult induced PTSD they estimate ten years of life lost.

I am more interested in quality of life than length so since there are times when an easy death might be considered a rest I am ok as long as I can get as comfortable as I can be for the remainder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back