• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Childhood Trauma & Marital Sexual Abuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

LornaB

New Here
I'm a 54-year old female, the daughter of an alcoholic/manic depressive father. Been married twice... my second ex was emotionally, verbally and sexually abusive and began to joke about physical violence six months before I left.

I began therapy last summer for anxiety and panic attacks and was diagnosed with Anxiety and Chronic PTSD which was no surprise. I found my way here today because after our last session, I have been furious with my therapist, and I am trying to find my way through that so that I don't quit therapy which is a temptation.

Thank you for kindly listening.

<Font size edited by KP the nut>

Welcome LornaB, I'm also new. I started using this forum because I got all I could out of therapy. I have been going off and on since 1998. Sometimes I went for a couple of years straight. I'm now at a point in my recovery where I think this forum is somewhat replacing group therapy for me. I hope you find your time here as informative as I have.

Yes, I already have, cjf2010.... I read a thread about someone being very angry with my therapist because I was furious with mine the other day. It helped me calm down some and work on some issues within myself and figure some things out. Love your dragonfly avatar... They are very meaningful to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back