• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chill Out - What Do You Do For Relaxation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott_Fraser

MyPTSD Pro
:thumbs-up Hi Folks. Just wanted to ask how everybody tries to relax with ptsd and combat stress in there heads.
What relaxes me is listening to Rock Music like Queen and Judas Priest, Weird Hu?
I also love walking with my dog as well. My dog is great he knows that there is something wrong with me, and he sticks to me like glue.
Love to hear your views and ideas
Cheers
Scott Fraser:music:

Hello, I find being by the sea really helps me. I've also tried yoga and meditation (neither of which I'd have gone anywhere near before, way too hippyish!). Being outside either by the sea or in the woods for me is good, a regular massage too and regular exercise.

Take a look at a thread I wrote in the PTSD general section called Alternative therapies. Its got loads of things there to try, see Anthonys reply.

Claire

Hi Claire
Thanks for your reply. I too enjoy a walk along the beach with my dog. I live on the West Coast of Scotland in the Clyde Estuary, and we have long sandy beaches. I especially enjoy it on a Cold crisp winter's day. Nothing can beat it. I've tried relaxation but I can never get comfortable, I've arthritis in my hips so that poses problems.
Cheers
Scott:walking:

Sigh I miss the sea. My family (father's side) is from Newfoundland, which is an island for those who don't know. Since the trauma though I ran as far away from them as I possibly could, so I'm now landlocked. I enjoy going to the lake or the river but it's really not the same.

To relax I usually play video games, and draw and do collages. I like exercise too, walking and going to the gym, although for physical reasons I'm not allowed to go to the gym at the moment.

Hi Bat girl, how are you.
Going a walk to the lake or river can be very relaxing, just sit there and enjoy the peace and quiet.
Or try doing jigsaws, Unfortunately, jigsaws drive me mad, I don't have the patience for them.
I do a lot of model making and I find that very theraputic.
Cheers Batgirl.
PS How is your dad doing, Give him my regards
Scott:hello:

Oh yes, puzzles are good, models too, I forgot about those. Haven't done any for ages, thanks for the suggestion.

Oh... my dad is no longer living. He committed suicide in 2001. Don't feel about asking though, you just haven't read my story yet I guess.

Evie :)

I like to crochet. I often lose myself in a good novel. (I dream of having a library in my own home full of books that I haven't read) Watching my children play at the park.

Hi Nam.
What I used to do when I was stationed in Germany was to go fishing. Whenever I'd Finished a tour of duty in Northern Ireland we would goback to our base in Fallingbostel, weather permitting 3 of my friends would borrow a jeep from the motor pool and head off to the Mosel Region which was lovely and peaceful. We would find a local tavern and that would be our base for a couple of nights and go fishing. The peace and quiet and the scenery were wonderful it re-charged our batteries.
Cheers
Scott:thumbs-up

Well I guess I would have to say that when I need to relax I grab my .17 and put some squirels out of my missery or I grab my guitar and put on some B.B. King and try to play along.

hey, ranger. my hubby is into blues, he even writes a lot of blues songs, plays guitar, too. small world.
cathy

I like to write stories, books and poetry. Walk my dog. Swing on swing sets. Stomp/walk to music, box, weightlift, do wood working, crochet, learn new languages, snowshoe, hike, and play computer games.

bec

Love to read.. lol

For relaxation I will lay back and set the massage chair for a full body massage with headsets on and while listening to my playlist of favorite choose songs. Also I drink hot water w/ milk, relax on the couch and watch a good movie, or read something of interest, and during the warmer months outdoor labor and landscape. Foreplay and lovemaking always helps too. Did I say that? A nice cup of hot tea is a treat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back