1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Christmas Traditions? Tell Us About Your Part of The World

Discussion in 'Social' started by cookie, Nov 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

just wondering, being as were all from so many different places, about the christmas traditions in your country. they have to be different in the middle of summer than they are here in the winter. care to enlighten me? thanks
    cathy

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Christmas lunch generally, presents in the morning... when near family often with them, though we are not near family, so this Christmas will be just us.

4. jods

jods Well-Known Member

My parents go to church in morning. Hubby & I & our son go to his ex & kids place so the kids can open their presents from each other together. We our having lunch at our place for the first time this year. We are going the bbq & salad & fruit & icecream option this year just incase it's hot! All done outside under our verandah with the flies! Then we will vege out & pick on leftovers till we fall asleep!

5. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

As it's always been. I'll do my best at being the Grinch. Fortunately my family loves me inspite of myself.

6. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

We have a small family Christmas in the morning (with presents) and then a big breakfast. Later in the day we travel to one of my husband's relative's home for dinner. Everyone brings something and it's a huge feast.

From the time the girls were little, we've told them that they can't open presents until their daddy and I have coffee. Used to drive them nuts until the oldest one figured out how to make coffee, would have it brewed and in cups and THEN they would pounce and wake us up. LOL Her nickname isn't Slick for nothing! :biggrin:

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

We used to do the tree to decorate, as years go by the worse I feel doing this... It just does not sit well with me as hate to see greed even if it is innocent. I prefer to make a huge meal and feast and celebrate the symbolisim of Christ's day of birth. He deserves our gifts and thanks. The tree has been booted here along with the lights. I want my kids to appreciate it for what it is meant to be. They still get a gift and stuffed stockings over the mantle. So not total grinch. I just have such a different take on the whole celebration for what it is, time and age for me there, and yes, family says I am a grinch since I do not do an over kill santa thing. Hubs is not thrilled as my girl who will be 3 in Dec. thinks santa is an old fat man who breaks in your house at night... (do not know where she got that) We all have our own way, I just want my kids to see it as a celebration of a miricle, not an excuse for an x box...

8. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

My son who is in the RAAF is coming home so we will have family morning opening presents from Santa my kids are adults now but my sister is coming down from Innisfail with her girls who are younger so it will be nice.
    Prawns and Bugs for lunch then in the pool for the day just lazing around. Gets pretty hot up here at Xmas time!
    Jen

9. Terry

Terry Well-Known Member

:clap: Veiled, someone who thinks kina like me.I'll take an XBOX 360 though. Prawns and Bugs (I know what prawns are but bugs ?

10. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Sorry about that Terry!
    They are seafood they are called Moreton Bay Bugs its a shellfish between the size of a prawn and lobster they are yum!
    Jen

11. cookie

cookie I'm a VIP

i set up my nativity(a really nice one) on the coffee table in the living room, a few days before Christmas--i leave out the wise men,lol, they weren't at the stable, visited the house when Christ was about 2. i decorate the living room, mostly and the front door.(wreath) i usually put up a victorian village, but my daughter took that with her. i always find somewhere to hang the homemade ornaments that my kids made down through the years. my dh reads the Christmas story from the Bible on Christmas morning, and we take turns praying, thanking God for giving himself to us (as Christ) to make atonement for our sin. then, we open presents. i try to get l item that the kids really want(giving daughter gas money to come) and some stocking stuffers. when the kids were little, we sang "happy birthday" to Jesus.

12. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Tree, lights, decorations, give gifts and pig out.

13. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

That sounds just like our place at Christmas...

Kerrie may have changed her mind now... we may be taking a road trip!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar