• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Chronic pain and anti-depressants

Status
Not open for further replies.

PT/M/SD

New Here
Hi, I am new to this website and forums but am hopeful to find a few stories similar to mine. I have a PTSD diagnosis; one from an assault and one resulting from being in two car accidents in two years. I was the one who was injured in both. After a recent flare up of the PTSD from the assault, I am curious if that aftermath could be contributing to my chronic pain leftover from my car accidents. I know that other biological factors compound my pain. The reason I am asking is because I am already on two antidepressants for the PTSD and pain. My recent trip to a pain management clinic said that I just started with wants to put me on another antidepressant. I know it its to help me but I am curious if I just need to deal with my assault issues head on so I can move past my pain. There is the part of me that says, yes, and I shouldn't be asking such a question however, I just can't help but wonder what if the medical experts are just saying its all because of my PTSD or could there really be a true physical problem from the car accident causing my pain? Also, I am worried about how many antidepressants I being prescribed. I know my brain is not firing 100% all the time but are antidepressants the final answer? I can feel myself changing on a cognitive level the longer I take these and that contributes to my feeling of not having control of my body. What have others done to help remedy this problem? I don't want to take something I don't have to simply because I don't like how it affects my cognitive functioning. My husband sees the difference. Please feel free to offer suggestions, successful therapies except that EDMR or whatever that is, maybe one miracle med so I don't have to take three doing who knows what to the brain matter that is firing properly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back