• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cleaning Noobs Club! :)

• Thread starter Deleted member 28403
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 28403

Okay, guys

I'm a total noob at cleaning and honestly suck at it big time

Also, to add to it, I do not really have cleaning equipment

And also, my room right now looks like a storage room, pillow set on top of a pile of books, random blankets, RAM chips, cables, dirty clothes, bags, more dirty clothes, months old unneeded papers, and soooo much f*cking dust!!!

So, in this moment of despair, I am making this thread, for all of us with the similar problems, and for all of those who actually now something, and for all of those who are total pros, so generally, for anyone who cleans. Because why the heck not, and also, I might figure out how to get rid of dust with my bare hands and maybe a shovel :p

I call that overwhelming. I lived with a man whose son had this problem. I helped to direct the son because it cranked the father up so much.

First order of business. Take a garbage bag down and throw shit away. It won't be perfect, but it will be a start. Also, try to condition yourself to throw things away in the moment. Do you have a garbage can in your room?

I do have a garbage can, and actually, I cleaned a bit and threw away stuff, right now it's sorta okay regarding that

But right now, what do I do with the dust??? Like, I do not have any fan or a dust stick or anything???

I think I would organize first. Books put away, things up off the ground, stuff like that. What you don't want to do though, is to get all cranked up about it. Don't take on too much at a time.

I find with overwhelmed, it is baby steps and being happy with those. So can I ask you, what exactly do you want to get accomplished today (keeping in mind your self care issues?)

Hmm, no idea. The day is basically almost done, it's 6 pm

If you need to dust, old socks and old t-shirts make really good dusters, and most of us have some of those lying around.

Vinegar is a disinfectant. You can use it in the bathroom or kitchen, and dilute it with water if the smell is too strong. Baking soda also cleans almost anything - apply, add a little water, scrub with a sponge or rag, rinse.

If you have hard surfaces or floors to clean, dish soap or even hand soap on a rag (read: old t-shirt) will work. Sometimes when I clean my bathroom or kitchen I stop up the sink and use that as my mop bucket, so you don't even need a bucket!

Yep, vinegar and baking soda are good stuff! They work great in the laundry, too. I actually prefer them to harsh cleansers as they work better and are cheaper (not to mention non toxic and won't harm the planet).

You can use a cooking pot to hold water and some vinegar in it, or your waste basket, after you have emptied it out.

I use the backs of old sheets of one sided printed paper to write journal entries on. You can save these in one spot neatly, just in a pile. Journalling is a healthy mental habit.

Today I cleaned like... Everything.

No idea where to buy borax still though... And I actually need it for some chemical reactions

as an OCD sufferer i would love to be able to live in a mess so I say if you can live with it and it is not bothering or harming you or anyone else then leave it and have a life. One crumb means a weeks worth of panic cleaning for me. have a life rather than a tidy house.......

:hug:
I get how you feel :hug:

But it's not like I have much of life anyway, for example, a huge amount of mess is due to my mental chaos. E.g. blood everywhere and similar

:hug:
I get how you feel :hug:

But it's not like I have much of life anyway, for example, a huge amoun...

aw.. my advice in that case is to not try to do it all at once which can be overwhelming and stressful. Either set yourself a time limit each day for doing it or a couple of bits at a time. Be warned that one job always leads to another.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back