• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Clinic Said Therapy Could Start February. Still No Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mallaky

MyPTSD Pro
Hello

So, end of December I went to an introductory meeting in this supposedly great day-clinic that is specialized on trauma. They do an intensive out-patient 40 hours a week program. It was a wonderful meeting and after many disastrous experience I felt very understood there. They said, starting February I could expect a call to begin therapy.

I have been looking forward with hope and terror at equal measure: Lots and lots. When February came I expected the call and I had a very bad time with it. My symptoms became very bad, and I did not deal great with it. That time marked a major backstep for me. But, I have finally become desensitized and am doing better now.

The thing is, its May now and I am becoming sick with worry. I call twice a month to check in, but I can't get any real answer. They refuse to tell me anything, but it "It's being forwarded to the doctor." I was not supposed to call until they call me.

Is there any chance that I have been forgotten, or there are bugs in the system.
Basically, am I doing anything wrong by waiting patiently?
I just don't want to look back a few months from now and having to deal with the fact that I f*cked up because I was too afraid to think clearly.

If you're calling twice a month? They haven't forgotten you.

Knowing a little about a couple of the inpatient trauma centers in Germany? My only worry would be the "forwarded to the doctor". Which doctor? Theirs? Who is waiting for a good slot in the program with you? (So you aren't with patients who have very different needs than you have.) Or your own, who hasn't yet sent them the final paperwork that allows them to take you on as a patient? (Had a friend stuck in that one for the better part of a year. The center was ready to go, but her GP kept not signing off on it, even though he'd done all the initial paperwork that even let her apply.)

If you already know the answer, and it's their doctor? I would switch to phoning once a month. If you don't know the answer, I would verify they aren't waiting on your doctor.

Sometimes we get given the answer of what was supposed to happen, without the person on the other end of the line checking it actually has happened.

I find if I follow things up in writing when phone calls aren't working sometimes gets a better response. Sometimes. Could you put it to them that it seems as though the referring doctor is unable to take the referral so could they try someone less snowed under? Or even just asking for reassurance about whether this kind of wait is standard (sometimes it is) and is there any indication of how much longer the wait is likely to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back