• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Clonazepam, Trazodone And Now Wellbutrin Xl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marie10

Learning
I'm nervous. My psychologist thinks I should talk to my doctor about Wellbutrin XL because of the depression and my use of cocaine. My doctor is calling my psychologist tomorrow. I'm currently taking 2mg. of Clonazepam and 300mg. of Trazodone.

I just wonder if this has helped anyone? I normally cannot take anti-depressants since they cause me to be suicidal. Thank You:)

I am on trazedone to help me sleep. I have had no problems with it ever. I am not familiar with the other drugs you are taking. Mabe someone familiar with them will come along to help you out. Good luck.

I was prescribed clonazepam for anxiety which had some undesirable effects. It actually played a role in me having to go to the psych ward so I didn't attempt suicide. Then after I was taken off of that while I was there they prescribed wellbutrin and that didn't work it just felt like too strong a dose of stimulants or something. So I went to the psychiatrist I saw after I got out and she had me quit taking it.

I also started taking trazadone while on the wellbutrin and still take it as needed for anxiety and to help sleep and I haven't had any problems with that one.

But just because it affected me that way does not mean it will affect everyone that way. If you do opt to give it a try I would just advise paying attention to any side effects and talk to the psychologist right away if you start getting weird side effects.

Thank You, I tried Wellbutrin for 3 days and it made me too "amped" in other words I was extremely jittery. I stopped taking the low dose as per my doctor and feel better now.

I've also nearly quit my cocaine use. In other words, I don't want to take it and am rarely getting it. When I do I feel useless and it makes any depression worse. Why hurt myself more? That's a good thing and progress for me.

Wellbutrin is awesome! Love the stuff. I went off it for a year. Tried to quit the ciggies.... oh hell no...went back on. Quit the ciggies. Wellbutrin rocks.

I tried trazadone to help with sleep/nightmares. I turned into a complete zombie unable to think or function. I'd rather poke my eyes out than take trazadone again.

I am on clonazepam and trazodone, too. Although, holy crap, man, 300mg? @_@

I was told by my former shrink that trazodone in lower doses makes you sleep more; but looking back at it now, I don't think he understood it varies person to person. And ironically, the same thing happened to me with clonazepam; it made my depression worse and I had to cut back to one, instead of two.

Since then, that's helped a lot. But I can't offer any more advice for Wellbutrin, other than if you end up with an SSRI, be careful with your dosage of it because you're on that high of a dose for trazodone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back