1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Clouds Are Gathering - Husband May Lose His Job

Discussion in 'General' started by xo_eve_ox, Apr 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. xo_eve_ox

xo_eve_ox New Member

I don't know where to begin, I'm on edge, I feel like I'm running a hundred mph. It's such a little thing that has caused this, T (my hubby) may have lost his job. Won't know for sure for ... I don't know. He's retired and his SS will cover the bills, TG, but just barely. I feel like a raw exposed nerve. I can feel my heart beatin in my throat.

I am trying to hold on but I feel like something really horrible is just fixing to happen. I wonder if this is a panic attack? I feel so out of control.

Anyone out here have any suggestions on how to get relief? I'm scared.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Does not sound like a panic attack but anxiety taking hold a bit. A full blown panic attack you are looking at ER time or taking drugs (tranqs) that the doc gives you. During a panic attack you seriously think you are dying.

Anxiety (as that sounds) is something to have anxiety disorder aside. Work on relaxation techniques and trusting. I have been at a very extreme end of anxiety and panic as many others here.

Look into things like teas that are calming, meditation, and speaking out like you are. Best you can do. Treat yourself to bubble baths and candles. I have things shut off in rotation and turned back on. Money you will find is a drop compared to having your spouse supporting you. Look into basic self care.

4. Marilyn_S

Marilyn_S Well-Known Member

Hello eve,

I'm with you in my heart. I know how it feels to be anxious. Its no fun!!!! Make sure and remember to breath. I know that kinda sounds silly, but focusing on how you are breathing might help ease some of the tension. O2 is sometimes low when one gets anxious and deep breathing replenishes the brain's O2 levels and helps ease the anxiety and prevent panic. Take gentle care of yourself.

LOVE & CARE
    Marilyn S.

5. xo_eve_ox

xo_eve_ox New Member

Thanks so much Veiled, today I am feeling better. It's weird how the little things can just blow me away. I did do the bubble bath thing last night and really I got some great sleep. This past week I haven't been sleeping much and I was very tired.

I just hate that my center, my peace, is so fragile. The small things can just blow me away. I am hoping I can learn how to "self-talk" to myself in a more positive way, instead of almost always jumping on the Worst end of thinking and feeling like Nothing but the worst will be the outcome.

I am going out today to the store and get some teas to try, thank you again. E

6. xo_eve_ox

xo_eve_ox New Member

Thanks Marilyn, I will try to remember that for the next round. I do feel better today. It's amazing what a little dreamless sleep can do for you. Thank you for touching base with me. E

7. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Yes, breathing... Forgot that one. Make sure your belly is rising and not the chest which is shallow breathing.

The simple basics make all the difference. As for positive self talk why not post your negative so we can help you do a positive spin. I get in slumps and have been known to stick post it notes all over my house. I have my normal bad self talk I get caught up in and then I sit and have to think the positive I can put it in. So I put the good up next to the bad so I have the positive right there and "retrain" my mind to go into positive. Once it is habit again I pull them down until I hit a slump again and then stick them up all over again! First step in that is remove all shoulds... Just remove should from your vocabulary.

I found a huge bottle full of purple bubble bath I think was at walmart. It was Lavender and Chamomile. Oh nothing like that before bed time. Light candles, they do not even have to be scented if the bath is. Cheap tea candles work, just something about candle light helps. And Johnson and Johnson has a baby lotion that is bedtime lotion. The scent is very calming and is wonderful to help relax.

Really just a little time for you and pampering yourself just a little does wonders. Bubble bathes, candles, soothing music (I like new age/Native American/nature sounds) If you think about it a bubble bath is just maybe 15 minutes or so longer than a shower. Lotion 5 minutes... music after is not long either. So if you take at least an extra 1/2 hour to and hour a day on "spoiling" you can make or break your day. That time is a drop in the bucket in your day. Hell, now that I think about it I am thinking new age music during a bubble bath in candle light. Have not tried that combo but it sure sounds good... But that would work for me if I can just keep the 3 year old out. (She likes to sneak in and "harvest" my bubbles) Talk about ruin a moment LOL. Those old Calgon take me away commercials had it down.

8. xo_eve_ox

xo_eve_ox New Member

Thanks Veiled,
    That's just what I am going to do. And my sister just sent me a CD she recorded of Native American flute music. I'm gonna let WalMart bubbles and calgon "take me away". Thanks so much for the support. I have decided to start my diary here tomorrow. If I can get it all out I think that will be a good place to start. Knowing I'm not alone and others have made it thru is more help than I can say. Eve