1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Cold Sweats?

Discussion in 'Social' started by Jen, Aug 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jen

Jen Well-Known Member

Hi I usually post in the Carers Forum.
    Hubby has all of a sudden started to get cold sweats he is shivering and really cold wearing a jacket but his skin is clammy and hot? We live in the tropics so its not cold weather.
    He has blood tests that only show that he is diabetic 2 and the Doc said the cold sweats arent from that?
    I am really starting to think its physcilogical (sp) he has had PTSD for a few years now and yes his stress cup is full if not overflowing with a lot going on in our lives.
    Do many sufferers have this cold sweat problem?
    Thanks Jen!

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

Jen,

I don't have cold sweats, but I do get very cold very easily when my stress levels go up. I work in an air conditioned office and while most of the people complain that it's still hot, I'm bordering on cold. But if I get anxious or stressed, I'm putting on a sweater I keep in my office because I get so cold I'm achy. I live in the tropics, too.

Stress does odd things to our bodies. My rule of thumb is now that if somethings off, and it bothers me so much I go to the doctor, and the doctor says there's nothing wrong, then we put it to stress. Fortunately my primary care provider understands the affects of stress and anxiety on people.

My advice would be to have him track the cold sweats. If they get worse when stress goes up, then you have your answer.

Good luck.
    Lisa

4. Awakening

Awakening Well-Known Member

I sometimes wake up in a cold sweat, but only at night not during the day.
    I'd get a second opinion.