1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Combat Medic Needing Support

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by MED91BRAVO, Nov 18, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MED91BRAVO

MED91BRAVO New Member

I Was A Combat Medic In The Army And Have Ptsd And Other Physical Injuries.i Have Been Trying To Find Anyone Who Understands My Thoughts.have Been On Almost Every Anti-depprasant Available Plus Several Clinacal Trials.i Do Not Have Any Family That Were In The Service Or Have Ptsd So My Wife And Kids Must Struggle Thru As They Cannot Relate To What I.ve Been Going Thru.i Would Like To Find Someone Who Understands The Ptsd,brain Fog,the Ocd And Other Irrational Thoughts We All Have From Time To Time.thank You For Listening.med91bravo

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Welcome to the forum med91bravo.

4. goingonhope

goingonhope Member Premium Member

:hello:Hello Med, and Welcome to the forum!

I fear a little, that someone is going to tell me that there is no need for an apology here, but if not simply an irrational fear of mine, then well their entitled to their opinion; Mine perhaps differs.

Anyhow, Med, ...I'm glad you found this forum. And, I'm so sorry, I've yet to welcome you to it any sooner.

Though I've never served in the Army or other Military Services, I do understand PTSD symptoms, have a much better understanding of PTSD since I've found the forum, and Certainly relate and know exactly what brain fog is.

So Med, if you're still out there and wish to let us know, How are you doing and feeling?

Hope to hear more from you and please, as hard as this may be right now, be good to yourself.

Sincerely, Hope

5. Big Fella

Big Fella New Member

Here are a few web sites you might check out, MED91BRAVO that might point you to some more direct resources:

VETVOICE.COM

VETVOICE.ORG (check the sidebar on the right side of the page for some resources)

NCPTSD.VA.GOV/NCMAIN.INDEX.JSP (A VA site for PTSD support)

PTSDCOMBAT.BLOGSPOT.COM (This blog has a huge number of resource links in the right sidebar, and the blogger, Ilona Meagher has been advocating on behalf of PTSD casualties for almost three years)

6. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Welcome to the forum.

7. Tactman

Tactman Member

Hey Med91B,

Im in the same boots as you. Feel free to contact me anytime you want to have someone to listen to. I think you will find that we have both probably been in the same situations.

I have never really put myself in your boots. I have always been one of the men on the advance and have ordered medics up when one of my soldiers went down. I knew in the back of my mind that it had to affect these medics but until your post I didn't realize at what extent.

Im a good listener. In my last assignment I was in charge of a company of soldiers and was a father figure to many of them. I helped them deal with everything from traumatic events, to home affairs. If I can be of ANY help don't hesitate. I have spent about an hour or 2 on this forum and have found so much helpful information.

8. just tina

just tina Active Member

Welcome home, MED91BRAVO. Lots of people understand the PTSD. Are you getting help from a veteran's service?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. do i have ptsd combat medic

Show Sidebar