1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Combat Stress And Panic Attacks

Discussion in 'Anxiety, Panic & Hypervigilance' started by Scott_Fraser, Jan 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

Hi friends, I need help.
    Since last summer I've been suffering panic attacks. Every time I go to the town even if it is quiet, I start to have a panic attack.
    My wife took me into ASDA (Walmart) one day to get school uniforms for my 2 boys, and I totally freaked out. I had to leave the shop and wait outside.
    I'm now practically a prisoner in my own home, I only go out with the dog for a walk. As for going to the town, I'll only go first thing in the morning and then straight back up the road.
    My GP says that it is part of having Combat Stress, and he upped my medication.
    I used to be able to go to Rock Concerts and the Cinema. But now I can't and I can't take my boys out for the day incase I have an attack in front of them.
    Cheers, friends
    Scott:hello:

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

Your fear of the panic will ensure you do panic each and everytime. Fear fuels it. You have to be accepting of the panic if it comes and know it is fear of fear fueling it. I was a complete shut in for a long time before getting that. Take it slow and easy and one thing at a time.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Absolutely... the cycle is evolutionary. One causes the other without often knowing so.

5. Scott_Fraser

Hi there.
    Thanks for the advice Veiled.
    Cheers
    Scott:hello:

6. madjon

madjon Active Member

ok, simple one to try a bit at a time, walking round the block, its not in a confined space such as a supermarket, has people around and you can easily carry on home if you have trouble, see how you go, then maybe try going into a corner shop when you feel it, then move slowly along,trying different routes and numbers of people, take your time and try to relax, have got a lot better at people over the years but stil have trouble with supermarkets and malls, too much going on in them, too many people, sometimes im ok, sometimes not, sometimes it depends on how you feel,

7. Scott_Fraser

Thanks madjon
    Will try that
    Cheers
    Scott

8. madjon

madjon Active Member

also remember take your time and pace yourself its not an overnight thing, taken a few years for me to get to big crowds, so take it a bit at a time,

9. Scott_Fraser

Thanks mate.
    Scott:thumbs-up

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

User search cloud:

1. combat panic attack

Show Sidebar