• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Completly Triggered

Status
Not open for further replies.

tasha07

Learning
Hi,

Not long ago, I posted a thread "should I date a Psycho" the name was not thought out properly and could have caused some offense, for that I apologise. I am looking back on the post and realise I was completely traumatised. my PTSD was caused by the abuse of my father who is a psychopath and then I was the victim of a paedophile for four years. Then I met my boyfriend who is a Sociopath. I had been with him four years and had finally had a break and was stabilising, then he was let out of jail, I completely derailed myself, its been a couple of weeks since I could even bring myself back here, the memory of her lost and derailed I was, was enough to make me hide from here. I just want to say a big thankyou for all the support and advice.

I am stabilising slowly, it is taking a while this time. I hope to be around a bit more and a bit more active.
If anyone was wondering, I tried to go back, it lasted a week before the mind games, lying and emotional abuse restarted, I was traumatised again, needless to say.... totally over and out. It has been said to me that people with PTSD need to be careful of people who have disorders of psychopathy or sociopathy as it can retraumatise me, lead to more abuse, which is horrible for people who are already dealing with past trauma.

big hugs.

I personally was not offended in any way by your title. Doubt anyone else was. I know our main concern was that you were back in that environment and we were hoping you got out and got to start your life again.... thanks for being concerned, but we are an emotional bunch here, so we understand... happy you are back and trying to piece you life together again.... we are here for you.... keep us updated... we do care.

Thanks Ladee,
we are an emotional bunch, I am just trying to stabilize and learn who I am again, without being so symptomatic. Tough though, everyday I have one symptom.

Stickler thankyou also, I am so glad I got away too, its all too easy to be vulnerable to predators that have no empathy!

I can't even imagine how difficult that situation must have been. Thank goodness you rescued yourself!

We're here for you, whenever you want some company. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back