• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Complexed Ptsd & Or Developmental Ptsd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I developed PTSD 12yrs ago. Start effective therapy 10yrs ago but never responded well to Psych meds. They repeatedly made wanted to treat depression then in the end I was on anti-everything meds. So therapy gave me control over my out burst but I was limited to emotional feeling logic with almost all my logical thinking use to control my trembles & shacks. I had to learn everything over. Now after 12 yrs I did find a med that works. He's what's scaring me know. First, I grow up the cognitive recall disorder in special Ed. But never fit the mold. The meds moved my basic level of brain function from emotional to logical, & gave me back the person I love before I got PTSD. I'm getting back skills i lost, talents in the arts memories I lost & issues I thought come to grips with are resurfacing.

Basically I'm going through reverse PTSD right now. My brain is rebooting its wiring. That's why I'm losing memories that I put in one part of my brain & now it's asleep. Some other parts are waking up at the same time. Everything in that part of my brain turns on. It's really like being to totally different people. Split in two memories & lives for me. Just not to anyone around me. I woke up & the last 12 yrs seem so foggy as if it was all a dream. Each day the fog gets thicker & covers more up. I'm scared off the old men, can't remember the me you knew. It hard to say the least.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back