• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

General Concerned About My Sufferer's Eating Habits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you sorta get in the swing of these... They're easy to come up with all kinds of variations! I have something like a zillion (sweet & savory) on my other device. But here's a dozen or so to play with :D

[GALLERY=media, 2957]Sweet Protein Shakes 03 by FridayJones posted Apr 11, 2016 at 3:55 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 2956]Sweet Protein Shakes 02 by FridayJones posted Apr 11, 2016 at 3:54 PM[/GALLERY][GALLERY=media, 2955]Sweet Protein Shakes 01 by FridayJones posted Apr 11, 2016 at 3:53 PM[/GALLERY]

I'm the same when I'm in a dissociative state, I completely miss all the usual signals my body sends me , and often wind up really dehydrated.

Your hubby is lucky to have you on watch for him :)

All you can do is what you already do now. Keep reminding him to drink as much as possible and continue offering all I fave foods til he comes out of it.

My diet in my worst state usually consists of coffee and cigarettes (and in the past alcohol) and I've survived, so don't worry too much ok xxx

If he's drinking stuff what about soup?

My Mum is very poorly (very different I know) but she stopped eating, but by putting soup in a china cup and saucer (she is snob) I managed to get her to drink some.

Does he like any particularly smelly foods? Some times the smell of food she loves will also stimulate her appetite and if it is cut into small enough bits she will eat a little.

The doctor's opinion was that she will eat when she needs to.

Bacon frying. My guy gets angry at any suggestion of food. Everything has to be at his behest . But I can tell when it is time for him to eat--so I try to make bacon or something that smells delectable. If he acts grumpy cuz I should know he doesnt want it, I tell him it is for me, or that Im prepping it for later. The smell gets him every time. And he is happier when he is fed something yummy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back