1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Conquered My Phone Phobia

Discussion in 'Accomplishments' started by batgirl, Apr 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Three months ago I never talked on the phone, and I mean never. But I have been working hard to change that, and since then I have talked to several family members, then progressed to one forum member on here, although it was very difficult at first (I hung up on her!). Then I recently had a conference call with my new coworkers. During it they made fun of my accent, but I was able to have a second conference call with them recently, without too much anxiety. Then I rang the same forum member again and I was completely comfortable the second time round. Then last night I rang Anthony... him being the worst as far as my phone phobia goes... I had been trying to ring him for 6 weeks. And nothing bad happened! He was nice. Then today, in spite of feeling like crap, I dialed to order pizza for my cousin, and that call went very well too! So I think I have conquered it once and for all, after 3 months of hard work.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Marlene

Marlene I'm a VIP Premium Member

You go, Evie! All of your hard work has paid off. Congrats, hon.

4. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

You know my thoughts Evie... well done.

5. permban0077

permban0077 Policy Enforcement Banned

You may have hung up on me but you called back! And then you did again. You are doing well.

6. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Did I mention Evie rung me on the phone? You did great that day Evie, unbelievable.

7. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Thanks, I will try to do it again. Maybe after I come back from the UK.