• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Constant Fear Of Going Outside Alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Im_Tim

New Here
Hello evryone, about 3 month ago i got mugged by two guys (young about 16-17) going back from school to a location where my parents usually pick me up. They didn't take anything as i denied having a phone/money but they did hit me. I started to think it was just some kind of coincidence and that i got unlucky but three days after they were in front of the school (not directly but they could easily see evryone going out). That's when i started to get paranoïd. I was going to get over it until i saw them again about three weeks ago. That's when i realised those are the type of people to just go around town mindlessly with friends (their dressed in tracking suits wich only confirms this theory).I heard another story (by the pricinpal when talking to my parents about the mugging, that they beat up a girl at three wich makes me even more scared). I can't go around without constant fear of getting mugged but not ending like it did last time. In my town we have poor areas and areas where people are middle class. I'm from a middle class family. When going to get bread or even going to a friends house i have to eventually go by a poor area. Youngsters who feel like they wouldn't care about having to jump someone to make a couple of bucks and who are in groups make things worse. When seing people dressed in tracksuits i start to panick immediatly and get flash backs. What do i do ? What happens ? Am i going to get mugged again? I live in France where the youth community is going to sh*t (sorry for saying this but i honestly don't know what word i could remplace this with) majorly due to the rap. A lot of kids fail at school wich leads to this happening. I honestly don't know what to do. Please help me. Thanks

I was going to advise you get a taser. You may be too young to buy one and you might get it taken away at school. Don't know what is ok in your culture. If you can't get one, take self defense classes that will address all your concerns.

i'm to young for self defense classes and i still don't stand a chance against three people who are all older than me. The only option is to run so far but i'm afraid it might not work all the time

Last edited by a moderator:
Well...I would report the attempted mugging to the principal and to your parents? Including the info that you are seeing the SAME three kids casing the school REGULARLY and predating on students.
I'd also tweet or instagram it to your fellow students. Warn them.

The principal can request police presence in the area during the mornings and evenings...and probably get it.
If he or she does not do that? I would ask your parents to call a local news reporter, and get the reporter to report the pattern of alleged muggings.

i don't think a reporter would come to the school because three wannabee thugs are going around mugging teens for money. The problem is that they're not stupid. If they see the police they're defo going to leave the area. I told the police about this and even rann of to the departement in panic when seing them. Got into an undercover car but we didn't see them. I wish we could bust them but that won't get rid of the problem. Their is a French equivalent of the hood in France next to the city where i go to school. The city has a rep. for having rich people in it. Meaning that they'll be more people come in to mug still

If this has happened to you once, it's completely understandable that you'd have a heightened awareness of the chance of it happening again. That stress reaction can reduce, sometimes just of it's own accord and sometimes with some therapy, over time.

Small steps like reporting ongoing issues to the school and the police may be helpful by giving you back a sense of empowerment. For some people, even taking boxing or martial arts lessons can also be helpful.

But from your description, it sounds like this might be quite a pervasive problem in your area, with no quick fix. Like, even if you could get rid of these 3, would it be fair to guess that others might simply show up in their place?

If that's the case, what do other students do to keep themselves safe? And if there is no real practical solution, maybe you could have a discussion with the principal or an approachable teacher about getting a police officer to come to the school to address the students about how to stay safe?

I went to college at a uni which had the highest rape levels in Australia, and we had a cop come to the college and give a talk on how to stay safe. It was more than reassuring - he actually gave practical, sensible advice that wasn't just the usual garble you get. Cops have seen it all, and they tend to give advice that actually helps, rather than advice that's just politically correct. I still remember the advice he gave us (more than 10 years later).

Just a suggestion, but it sounds like almost anything might be worth considering at this point:tdown:

Shittt !!!! To young for self defence classes my daughter was 10 I took her for mma they all did it 2 years them my boys did krav-maga knif fighting and I am sad i haven't done any..

My advise is Google this two things and study the clips get that girl and other friends that was targeted at one stage .. to practice with you NOBODY can stop you to get in shape ;) then if they attack you again beat the shit out of them !!!!:roflmao:

They target people that look like a target ..
Don't have any valuables with you his your phone do not owe an expensive phone !!
Don't walk around with bags and stuff like you have something somebody would want..
If you walk in the street walk with power and look confident ..
And maybe do not walk alone always in groups of 4 .. They walk in groups of 3 so bowl them out. Please do some of those videos it will really help alot woth self confidence .. ((((:hug:))))

If this has happened to you once, it's completely understandable that you'd have a heightened awa...
I'd go with therapy but seing people who are potentialy dangereous few time in the week will keep on bringing the fear back. I can't convince myself it won't happen. I got targeted randomly once by the two of them and now i'm pretty sure they can reconise me and try again. I got lucky the first time i was mugged. Another girl took a pretty bad beating by the three of them by what i've heard :/ . Even if you're the most skilled boxer in the world, the chance of you winning against three people who are bigger than you is really low. A cop teaching me how to defend won't help. The only option available is to runn away and hope they don't runn after me. Other people didn't get targeted :( idk why, i guess i got unlucky. No one goes the same route as i do to go home.

Thanks for the support

Last edited:
Shittt !!!! To young for self defence classes my daughter was 10 I took her for mma they all did it 2 yea...
I wish i could be confident walking in the street but it's to hard. I can't do it :( . One problem is that i only have one pear of jordans (that's my only pair of shoes) and i only got one coat. I guess i could go with a cheap phone. I can't just bring people do follow me in the street hoping we'll find them.

Thanks for the support

Really? I think you need to look around a bit. Most martial arts schools offer classes for children. Woul...

Don't you need to susbcribe at the beginning of the year? = i don't really think i'd have time :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back