• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cooking With Indulgence

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a real home made giant Yorkshire pudding. :roflmao:

I was not expecting them to turn out this big. I can do them well, but this was an exception. Tasted really good too, filled with peppered beef casserole.

IMG_0035.JPG

We had one each. :whistling:

Amethist

But if anyone ever needs advice on microwaving frozen entrees, I'm your gal!
redface.png

Remember Deb if anyone asks you how to make Kool Aid....Sugar remember the Sugar. Just DON'T ask ANTHONY he doesn't have any at his house:eek::p:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao:

Just a normal oven Cheshire.

Hot oven, as high as you can get it really, bit less if fan assisted. Put the tins with a small amount of fat (Not oil or butter) in when oven is hot near the top, but not too high or they will crush , as these would have. I keep tins just for these and dont wash them, as this proves them so they don't stick.

For this size or maybe 4 smaller ones, add in a bowl 2 eggs and about 1/4 tsp salt. Add in 4 fluid ounces of water and the same of full fat milk, if semi skimmed milk 2 of water 6 of milk. Whisk in enough PLAIN flour to make a batter thicker than English pancake batter, maybe almost as thick as pouring cream, but not as thin as single cream.

When the fat starts to smoke a bit, pour the batter in to about a 1/4 to a 1/3 of the way up the tin. put back in oven for around 20 mins, or until golden brown round edges and base is cooked. if the base is not cooked enough when top edges are done, turn the puds upside down in the tins and put back in for a few minutes.

It is trial and error to begin with, but once mastered you will be making them all the time. You can do small ones in the 12 cup bun style tins, for family's or what ever size you like.

Great with a roast dinner and onion gravy :tup:

Chinese Vegetable and Tofu Soup

This quick and colorful soup will please kids and teens who enjoy Asian flavors. Just toss everything into a soup pot and in a few moments, it’s done!
  • 2 vegetable (low sodium) bouillon cubes
  • 1 beef or chicken bouillon cube (your choice) or 2 cups stock/broth
  • 1 packet of coriander and annatto seasoning
  • 15-ounce can cut baby corn, with liquid
  • 1/2 medium red bell pepper, rough chopped
  • 4 oz mushrooms, rough chopped
  • 1 cup snow peas, trimmed and cut in half
  • 8 ounces tofu, sliced, well blotted, and cut into small dice
  • 6 – 8 ounces of fresh spinach or dark green lettuce leaves or 4 oz frozen chopped. Alternative suggestion: bok choy
  • Freshly ground pepper to taste
  • 2 fresh sprigs of thyme
  • 3 Tsp Lemon grass (I use frozen)
Combine 6 cups of water with the bouillon cubes, baby corn, bell pepper, snow peas, and tofu in a large crock pot. Cook on medium to (bringing to a gentle simmer) approximately 2 hours. Rinse greens well, removing the stems and chop coarsely. Add to the soup and simmer just until the greens are wilted and serve.

BY STOVE: bring to a gentle simmer, then simmer, covered, for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, if using spinach, rinse it well, remove the stems, and chop coarsely. If using lettuce, cut into narrow shreds. Add to the soup and simmer for another 2 minutes or so, just until the greens are wilted, and serve

Found a recipe to share... did it today but I made mine with pumpkin (allergic to carrots)... this can go over rice but we're putting ours over kale (I did that first in vegetable stock to maximize the nutrition):

Jamaican Red Bean Crockpot Stew:
6 Servings: Make this easy slow cooker soup recipe in under half an hour. Start it in the crockpot in the morning and eat it for supper. Serve over rice or couscous, with crusty artisan bread or salad. Use light coconut milk or reduce it to 1/2 cup for less saturated fat and calories.
Ingredients:

• 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 cloves garlic, minced
  • 2 cups sliced baby carrots
  • 3 scallions, chopped
  • 1 sweet potato, diced
  • 1 (15 oz) can diced tomatoes, drained
  • 2 tsp curry powder
  • 1/2 tsp dried thyme
  • 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
  • 1/4 tsp ground allspice
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 2 (16 oz) cans dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
  • 1 cup unsweetened coconut milk
  • 1 - 2 cups unsalted vegetable broth or water
  • Optional: 1/4 tsp salt or to taste
Pour the oil into a 4-quart slow cooker and set the cooker on high. Add the garlic and put the lid on the cooker while you prepare the rest of the ingredients
  1. To the cooker, add the carrots, scallions, sweet potato, and tomatoes.
  2. Stir in the curry powder, thyme, red pepper flakes, allspice, and salt and pepper to taste
  3. Add the beans, coconut milk, and broth
  4. Reduce heat, cover, and cook on low for 6 to 8 hours
Nutrition Data Per Serving, 209g: 200 calories, 23g carbohydrate, 11g fat, 295mg sodium, 6g dietary fiber, 6g protein, This food is very low in Cholesterol. It is also a good source of Dietary Fiber and Manganese, and a very good source of Vitamin A. Estimated glycemic load: 8

Easy No Bake Lemon Cheese Cake.

For the base you will need

200 gms Digestive biscuits
100 gms Butter

For the topping you will need.

200 gms Soft cream cheese
150 mls Double cream
75 gms Icing sugar
Juice of 1 lemon, 2 if you like it really lemony

Crush the biscuits to a rough or fine crumb, your choice, but finer is better.
Melt the butter gently and mix into the biscuit crumb.
Press the crumb mix into a 8 or 9 inch cake tin. An 8 inch tin will give you a thick base. If you use a loose bottom tin, it will be easier to serve after it is set.
Place into the fridge while you mix the topping.

In a bowl, whisk the cream and cream chese until you have a thick creamy mixture.
Add the icing sugar and lemon juice, and mix until smooth and thick.
Spread evenly on top of the base and leave in the fridge for a couple of hours until topping has set.

You can decorate it if you like, with fresh berries of your choice. But is tasty as it is.

Made this last night... and it was really good... next time I'm going to add a bit of tapioca or corn starch though to thicken the juice... and put it over rice... it makes it like an alfredo and add basil and parsley... fresh chopped... wanted to share:

Parmesan Grouper in Coconut Milk

Ingredients
1.5 lb grouper fillets, frozen or fresh
1 cup coconut milk (preferably fresh, can use tinned)
1/4 cup parmesan cheese (or reduced fat substitute)
2 spring onions, finely chopped
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp hot pepper sauce

Method
1.) Thaw fish if frozen
2.) Cut fish into bite size chunks
3.) Place fish in a single layer in a well-greased dish
4.) Combine remaining ingredients and pour over the fish
5.) Bake at 350 degrees for 35 mins or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork

I used Asian spicy black bean, a dash of chili oil and crushed red pepper in lieu of the hot pepper sauce.

I have just made the cheesecake above, but used limes instead of lemons.

I will let you know how good it is later. But from cleaning the bowl out, I can tell you it is yummy. :tup:

The lime cheesecake is awesome.

Not as tart as the lemon, but yep got a thumbs up from hubby.

Super easy chocolate cookies
IMG_0599.JPG

I love making these cookies, they are so easy and it takes very little time to prep and finish.
I always add a little more chocolate then what's in the recipe for a really dense flavor. These also happen to make perfect ice cream sandwich cookies.
Ingredients:
  • 2 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 2 large eggs
  • 1 tables-poon vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup Dutch process cocoa powder( or any bittersweet coco powder)
  • 2 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • White Sanding sugar, for garnish
Directions
In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar and cream together with a hand mixer. Add the eggs and vanilla extract to the creamed mixture and mix until combined. In a medium bowl, mix the cocoa powder, flour, baking soda, and salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients and continue mixing until incorporated.
Roll the dough into 2 logs that are about 2-inches high and 1-foot long. Wrap them in waxed paper and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Once thoroughly chilled, slice the cookies into 1/2-inch thick rounds and cover with sanding sugar. Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
Remove to a wire rack to cool.
A viewer, who may not be a professional cook, provided this recipe. The Food Network Kitchens chefs have not tested this recipe and therefore, we cannot make representation as to the results.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back