• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Coping With Agoraphobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Ligis

Since I am a bit new to my own condition, I was hoping that some of the older members and more experienced individuals who have been coping with their agoraphobia could perhaps share their wisdom with me. What successful techniques do you use when you begin to go out into public, and you feel that stress and tension skyrocket? Is it just a matter of gritting your teeth and bearing it? Does facing your fear over and over again help you to get over it? I go outside all the time, and I am NOT comfortable. Am I just not doing it enough?

It took me time and changing how I looked at things. A lot of butt kicking and positive thinking......took me about 6 months to be relatively comfortable......done on a daily basis and got further from the house as time went on. Start off an hour at a time..but don't push too much as it could undo anything you have done before....baby steps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back