• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Could I Have Some Urgent Encouragement Please?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandstone

MyPTSD Pro
Need to go to the doctors this morning. It's all a bit scary.

walk to the bus - fear of being outside alone, fear of the " You should step in front of that van" in my head
bus stop beside a fence - has got quite triggering by extension from the assault waiting for a train
being on the bus - I look like the crazy lady, and am afraid of who might speak to me
waiting room - trapped and exposed

I know I can do the blood test bit, but I'm a bit worried about the blood pressure - it might feel like the "trapped and pinned down while people do things to me"
This last one is the most worrying. I realise I've "forgotten" to have it checked repeatedly, and it is important that I do it. But if I panic, I will run. And I tend not to know I'm about to panic. And running gets me into trouble.

But It would look crazy and ridiculous to have no problem with a blood test and struggle with the blood pressure so I can't possibly say anything.

You can do it - :tup::tup::tup::):stop:(that's my high-five guy, not a stop sign guy).

During the blood pressure check, I either concentrate on 'beat the machine' - just see how slow and controlled I can make my heart go - or, I just say 'ouch!' - I hate that automatic blow-up one something fierce and will do almost anything for them to have to do it manually.

Sending you super-positive thoughts.:cool:

Something I learned from HeartMath. They have software and also a small device that you attach to a finger that monitors how thoughts impact breathing and blood pressure. I use a mantra that helps me tune out escalating thoughts "Bella Puppy." My dog. Don't know why it works, but if I think it over and over I can often calm a panic attack. Dr's were amazed when having a procedure done how quickly my pressure dropped to a good healthy range, I mean really fast. Try to make up a mantra that brings you calm and comfort. Only way I can deal with all the touching involved with any Dr / dentist and now physical therapy without meds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back