1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Could it be ptsd or is he just being a bully?

Discussion in 'Supporter Relationships' started by Never_falter, Feb 14, 2018 at 12:18 PM.

1. Rosie11

Rosie11 Well-Known Member

Ah, ok. Yeah definitely a difference in harmlessly diffusing frustration and being offensive, sounds like its the latter.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Rosie11

Rosie11 Well-Known Member

My mother was that way, definitely not ok

mumstheword and Zoogal like this.
  4. Zoogal

Zoogal I'm a VIP

A jerk is a jerk regardless of diagnosis. Just saying

Supervixn and Rosie11 like this.
  5. Sweetpea76

Sweetpea76 Semper ubi sub ubi. Moderator Donated

Some people just have odd senses of humor, and some are rude by nature. We'd say they "had no filter"... as in they say whatever pops in their head without thinking about how rude or inappropriate it may be. That's just a personality type.

I wouldn't say it's PTSD unless he has other symptoms and a Crit. A trauma history.

Snowflakes likes this.
  6. Never_falter

Never_falter Well-Known Member Premium Member

Yes, he had a trauma history or I would not be asking that... but on the other hand he has been annoying before... not just THAT annoying and he has been pretty young and young men often are annoying... at least in my culture... and especially if they have been brought up to be snobby which all in my guys family have been.
    Does he have ptsd? I am not sure. I don‘t think he has been Diagnose with ptsd... or if he has been diagnosed with ptsd I have not been told.

Anyway I think he is trying to change and I don‘t want to be mean. I don‘t want to say he is just a bully. My inlaws family (all of them) are pretty complicated and hard to get for me. They are smug, you know? They have been brought up like this... and I do not want to be judgemental about it, because I think our country needs people like them.

When my guy is not feeling well he can be smug too and crack inappropriate jokes... but he is not half as bad as this brother.
    When my darling is not feeling well he sometimes acts with such an air of superiority... like he is the greatest and everbody is his lowly serf. That can be be very annoying... and I have to bite my tongue then.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018 at 9:18 PM
  7. Supervixn

Supervixn Active Member

I think it's prob coming from insecurity and is a learned coping method. Best guess considering your husband falls back on this behavior sometimes too. I think its a power thing for some people, to be blunt and offensive... a way to appear assertive and "together", at the expense of others. You said he stopped this behavior for a while at request... how did he seem? Was he more quiet, did he seem uncomfortable, etc?

Freida likes this.
  8. Never_falter

Never_falter Well-Known Member Premium Member

No, not at my request. I think he stopped it because he thought my guy was not doing well or he might have felt sorry for us. My vet‘s sibling typically are a pita... especially if they are together but then they were suddenly acting nice.
    How did he act? Nice, caring. No he did not seem uncomfortable.

Freida likes this.
  9. Supervixn

Supervixn Active Member

Maybe he just thinks he's funny and he's really being a jerk? Maybe jerkyness is humorous to him? I wonder what comedians he likes

Freida and Rosie11 like this.
Show Sidebar