• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Countdown to admittance

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you for the well wishes and kind thoughts! @ladee @Abstract and @Freida :hug::hug::hug:
My head is sooooo much better! Hardly feeling any pain ;):joyful::happy:
Currently its 4.21 am. Been awake since 3. My new pattern, it seems, unless I'm drugged I'll not be able to sleep until 1 or 2 in the morning or, if I get to sleep around 11, it's 3 or 4 and I'll struggle to get back to sleep but eventually drop off and be tired when I wake.
Hopefully sleep improves while I'm here.
I do seem to need an.awful lot of it these days.
Many many years of terrible sleep, being kept awake, ridiculously late nights and having to get up early for children, and chronic and acute stress, has left me constantly tired.
Oh well, I will try, I'm yawning and feeling sleepy. Lovely nurses check on me every half an hour. I'm looking forward to starting the program in the morning, hopefully I don't feel too tired.
Love to you all!:p:cautious::sneaky::happy::singing::hug:

Last edited:
@mumstheword I am so happy that things seem to be going well for you. I hope that yo...

Thank you so much @FauxLiz !
I certainly plan to and have that kind of "work ethic" :-) .
I've found that it really pays off.
Nothing like unbearable emotional pain and unwellness plus being a loving mum who wants a better chance for her children to motivate oneself!

I've gotten really worn out from bearing so much and struggling for so long so I'm enjoying the focus on me and the rest from being the responsible adult for once.

I think part of me just really needed to experience being properly looked after like I needed as a child.

Thank you @Sideways. :) i am kind of a mess with it at the mo:cry::nailbiting::unsure: Just had my first sesh with psychiatrist. Went into some of my big story. Crying torrents now. Everyone has been kind, except the GP was kinda disinterested but that's my usual with GPs. I like the psych, she listened and I surprised myself in how much I opened up to her.
First group meeting went fine. The facilitator told me she "was very impressed" with my input. I'm pretty forthcoming in these sort of group situations.

I'm gonna go check the lavender. I brought lots of essentially oil pampery things like a lovely lavender hand sanitizer from the Dr Bronners range as I knew lavender would be very comforting to me in the aromatherapy sense so it synchronistic that you should mention the lavender garden. Thanks for that :p:hug::happy:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back