1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Court Outcome is a Disgrace - Veterans With PTSD Untouchable

Discussion in 'News, Politics & Debates' started by anthony, Jan 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Re: "Marine avoids jail time for burglary; Aaron Wintterle will instead spend time in a veterans health-care facility," Jan. 6 News-Leader.

I need to ask? When does post traumatic stress disorder cause someone to climb up to a second-story balcony, break in, sexually molest a 14-year-old girl a fraction his size who had fallen asleep on the couch, introduce himself in the process of it all, telling her not to be afraid because "I go to Evangel" and get by with it!

And for the sake of "the child," let's not go to trial. Let's just sweep that little "one day of dishonor" under the rug. We won't talk about that because it would put a mark on his "lifetime of honor!"

There is a problem here. Anyone care to explain it to me? Yes, we let our men down when we do not give them the help they need to cope when they come home, but does that make it OK for them to come home and do the very acts they were fighting to protect others from? And then blame it on PTSD?

PTSD is real, and it does occur in many of our soldiers. It scares me to death to think this is going to become another symptom as these men come home.

Source: News Leader

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. batgirl

batgirl I'm a VIP

Yeah just because you have PTSD doesn't mean you shouldn't be held accountable for your actions... in fact I think it's kind of insulting, like saying we're retarded or hopeless. When I was charged with assault I did get a lighter sentence, but I was still charged. And I don't feel hard done by. I was in the wrong.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar