• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Cow Struck by Lightning

Status
Not open for further replies.

Portabella

MyPTSD Pro
We had a really bad electrical storm yesterday and I was on the computer as our cable went out and I wanted to look a NOAA and see when and if it was going to end. I hate storms, they scare me at times. Well, there was an ultra big flash and BOOOOMMMMM!!!!! Lost electicity over it. Well, found out that just across the street and I mean directly along the fence line a cow got struck by lightening and died right there. I feel bad for the cow, hope it died fast. But...they had to leave it there to wait for insurance man, I asked as when I looked out my front window there was a cow all distorted 30 ft at best from my window, was really disturbing. I have often thought how do cows not get struck by lightening, now I see they do.:think:

That's horrible, Portabella! Poor cow! I think I've heard it is a very quick death, but still. I hope the insurance man has gotten out there and they've been able to remove the cow from your view.

Portabella,

Yuck, actually double yuck... Are you ok now,???? That would have upset me too. Poor cow, they really have very pretty eyes.....

Wen

Cow is gone now. Tons more out there, I hope that never happens again. Alot of them have calves, I hope she was not a mom. Will another mother cow feed her baby if she was? Does anyone know?

I'm sure if the cow was a mama cow, the farmer will take it and make sure it's fed. I'm sure it was pretty strange to see that cow there after the strike.

The part of Florida I live in is called the lightening capital of the world. I'm not sure how true it is, but it's said a lot. Plus there's a hell of a lot of thunderstorms and lightening. One day my husband was standing in the backyard watching a storm roll in and saw a crow take flight and get zapped mid-air. Kind of like Mother Nature's way of saying 'Get your ass inside!'

hey, bella. it's likely that another cow will let it feed, but if not the farmer can give it "formula" from a bucket with teats, lol. sorry it was traumatic for you.
cathy

A 37 year old man was struck by lightning here and is alive and recovering he was on a golf course when it happened, im sure it was traumatic to see that poor cow, hope your day got better.

That is nasty Port! I would have cried, had I seen that. Hope you are feeling better (and they removed the poor cow!)

bec

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back