• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Sufferer Cptsd In Emdr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Bookish (New here too)
I too am happy that it is working for you too!
I've been told that CBT is better for me. Maybe it depends on each individual's Traumas?
We are all unique. I have heard that it can work fairly quickly for some. :-)

Can you share anymore about the emdr? I was recently diagnosed and I think since the diagnosis it's like a light has been turned on. I've realized that my thought life and constant fear is not quite normal like I thought. The idea that I could possibly not have internal fear plaguing me every day sounds like a completely new life and one that I want. My therapist suggested the emdr. I just haven't set up an appointment yet.

New here! CPTSD due to childhood abuse. Originally did several years of talk therapy after depression a...
Hey! I am a survivor of childhood abuse, neglect & witnessed violence as a kid , started Emdr 5 month ago... And it's peeling layers and layers. I am grateful for it! It's powerful! Thanks for sharing your success story. It helps because, there are days when I struggle and your story gave me hope.❤

Can you share anymore about the emdr? I was recently diagnosed and I think since the diagnosis it's l...

Yes! Exactly the same for me. I have been living in constant fear too. EMDR has already dramatically changed my life for the better. Things that used to trigger me just don't anymore, at all. I have hope instead of a bleak, borderline paranoid dread of the future.

I've been told that CBT is better for me. Maybe it depends on each individual's Traumas?
Thanks EVERYONE for great sharing! I have CPTSD from childhood abuse and a narcissist mother/abuser and I just found an EMDR therapist. We've only had one session so we're still history taking, but I feel so safe with him and I have already seen a huge improvement in my life from last week. I haven't been in therapy for years (I was life coaching both as a practitioner and a client for a while) so it's lovely to be back.

@2Beachboxer If you don't mind sharing, can you give some more details on CBT v EMDR for you? Just so I can understand the differences and who it is suited for - I'm so new in my EMDR/CBT journey so still learning about them both.

Thanks EVERYONE for great sharing! I have CPTSD from childhood abuse and a narcissist mother/abuse...
Hi there..just came back here tonight, and to be honest, not in a place that I can say much. I have had a rough year and may have just lost my T/Therapist. Kinda floating around in suvival mode. No energy to talk or share..browsing..I hope someone else can give you a good discription. <3 This darn CPTSD comes and goes for me..rt now I'm turtling - xo

Yes! Exactly the same for me. I have been living in constant fear too. EMDR has already dramatically ch...
That sounds wonderful! I haven't made it to ended yet but after two panic attacks in a month and about a week straight of high anxiety and paranoia over my own health something's gotta give.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back