1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Crying During Acupuncture?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by 2quilt, Nov 21, 2009.

1. 2quilt

2quilt New Member

Does anyone else cry during acupuncture? I feel this overwhelming and uncontrollable urge to cry, not from the pain of the needles at all, but from just deep sadness that comes to me suddenly a minute or so after all the needles are in. Is the doctor hitting the sadness points or what is going on?
  2. dust

dust New Member

Yes, I have cried during acupuncture. I only did it once and it triggered my worst ever full-on flashback.... I thought I was going to die! It was terrible. Acupuncture is very powerful, as is Yoga (also triggering in the past). I don't know how it works... energy flow, mind/body connection. That sort of thing I imagine.

dust
  3. Nicky31

Nicky31 New Member

Hi 2Quilt

I have recently started having accupuncture for an injury in my neck and shoulder as a result of a car accident in June. I'd not had accupuncture before and it seems to be helping with the nerve pain and mobility.

I have to say that I do have an empty feeling during the treatment and afterward, but I don't know if this is natural for the treatment, as I have nothing to compare it with.
  4. JohnnyM53

JohnnyM53 New Member Premium Member

I had acupuncture once for major back spasms. He stuck a needle in four different places in my ear. The fourth one hurt so bad I think my brain said screw the back problem, this hurts more and I walked out cured...until I got to my car.
  5. Tija

Tija New Member

Hi 2Quilt.

I have read that these treatments whether it's accupuncture, yoga, or massage can release emotions and/or traumas in our bodies..

Do you feel better after the treatment?

take care, Tija
  6. dharmaBum

dharmaBum Well-Known Member Premium Member

I haven't cried during acupuncture, but I have during yoga and massage. Usually I feel great about the needles going in, but lately they have hurt. I feel I am more sensitive to the pain of the insertion than I used to be.

I LOVE my acupuncture treatments and have no idea where I would be without them. I get treatments for anxiety, insomnia, and nightmares.

Where I imagine I would be without acupuncture treatments is somewhere without my family, lost and off the deep end. Pharmacology had nothing for me in the depths of insomnia and flashbacks- prescriptions only exacerbated my symptoms and lack of sleep. I was highly suicidal and self-hating. Acupuncture doesn't do this to me. I usually feel a great relief during and after a treatment. I am currently getting weekly treatments, which are not covered by any form of insurance, but they work and hold my life together ;)
  7. 2quilt

2quilt New Member

Oh yes, Tija, acupuncture helps so much more than Westen Medicine. i go as often as I can to get acupuncture, it's just that when the needles go in, i feel the tears starting and i can't stop.