• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Current Weather

I am from the other side of Australia where we have a terrible drought and have had temperatures of over 40 degrees. We did have a smaller cyclone hit us last weekend, but minimal damage in comparison. So all the flooding in Queensland is pretty foreign to us!

The cyclone was a category 5 - the worse you can get and it has caused severe damage to many places, but there hasn't been a single loss of human life. Australians are very resilient and they will recover - there are donations, people and services helping them from all over the country - we are known for our support in times of adversity. We have just had severe flooding in 4 Eastern states and in particular Queensland - where 20 people at least died in the floods - so 2011 has been very despairing for a large number of Australians.

Nothing like you guys have had. But it is blowing up a gale out side. I'm anxious as my H is travelling home. I panic cos my trauma was crash related, I go out of my mind when family are travelling especially in bad weather.

I can't get the 'what if' and flashbacks of my accident out of my mind. Counting down the minutes until H is home safe.

This morning the sun is shining, but we also have rain and gale force winds. Up to around 80 mph or more, possible later today.
eek.png

Better not hang the washing out just yet. Oh and hubby is going to be in a real good mood today, as it will keep knocking Sky TV signal off. Time to push them to lay cable in our area me thinks.
rolleyes.png

My cousin is in Brisbane right now. He goes there every winter to see his daughter (my second cousin0 who is married to an Aussie. He said her Mother in Law was in Queensland when the cyclone hit and they still have not heard how they faired out during the storm. I am hoping all is well. He had a lot to deal with when he first got there with the flooding and all too. It has been a rough year for the land down under.

Our weather has been unseasonably warm, even for us, the last few days. You'd never even know it was the middle of winter. "Borrowed" from a friends FB status today...

Just heard on the news that the state of Florida could be sunned-in for the next several days. Residents have been urged to hunker down at your nearest beach and/or tiki bar for further instructions. Use extreme caution when braving this blizzard of sunshine, preferably SPF 30. We are asking our friends and relatives to the north to please keep us in their thoughts as we deal with 2 feet buried in the sand.
wink.png

It was below zero here and go figure for the Denver Public School Dumba** to open the schools, though he gave parents the choice to bring kids to school and than the news goes and says how the director says something different than the polls, parents speaking up.

My kid only went cause he rides the bus and they pick the kids up in front of our apartment buildings. I hate the cold!!

Back