1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Dating & PTSD

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by cactus_jack, Sep 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cactus_jack

cactus_jack Well-Known Member

I am so lonely, and so tired of being so lonely, so I am trying to pick up a date.

I don't know how to handle this. How to pick them up. Back when I was young I had a lot of money. So back then finding a date wasn't much problem. And because of the money I had getting laid wasn't much of a problem. Now I just want a relationship and I don't know how to get one or keep one. Nowadays when women find out I have PTSD they scatter like scared geese.

How do I fix this?

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Seeking_Nirvana

Seeking_Nirvana I'm a VIP

I don't know how to fix it, but try to have some patience. I think if the "right" girl comes along she will be non-judgemental & compasionate. NOT about money and things of this world. I know there are not a lot of people out there that are genuine, but there are definitley some, and I think you can find one in due time.

I know easier said than done, but hang in there ok?

Tammy

Mybirch12 likes this.
  4. kers

kers I'm a VIP

It may or may not have anything to do with women finding out you have PTSD. When do you usually tell a dating partner about your PTSD?

Also, notice that your end goal has changed from when you were younger, so dating is a completely different thing now. Rather than just looking to get laid or having a god time (which you could achieve with money alone, it seems), you're now looking to develop an emotional relationship. It requires something of a different approach.

Mybirch12 likes this.
  5. vst

vst Active Member

I think we all get lonely sometime. PTSD seems to take away part of our emotional selves and makes it difficult to share ourselves with others. Try not to think of dating women and try to see women as friends. When you know you can trust someone, then tell them about your PTSD. Take it slow, and the right person will come along.

Take care,

vst

Mybirch12 likes this.
  6. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hey CJ,

Don't have any words of wisdom for you....Just wanted to say that I understand the loneliness part, and hope the some day you do get to meet someone. I know it's tough...

Wen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar