• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Dating Someone With Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
@sarah2012 thank you for your comment I truly needed to read this , this morning going thru some confusion and battles in my own mind about all of this . Not really what way to turn or should I just give up. Feel like I am doing all the compromising and adjusting but when is he going to do it for me ? I can see the care I. His face and in his eyes when I hurt by things and I know he cares but is that enough to sustain a person. I asked him did he want me to give up his response while he was wiping my tears was I want you to be happy... I just wish he knew he made me happy. Maybe I need to take a kick boxing class to level out my frustration level and confusion.. I don't know.
But I wish u the best of luck on ur situation as well

Feel free to private message me, I am always in need of a buddy to vent to and we can email. It really becomes overwhelming at times. But, I will say, at least for my boyfriend, he always eventually comes out to me, but I have to not push-- he doesn't always tell me what's wrong, but will say, I'm sorry, I'm in a funk, its not you.. He'll usually mumble...I'm in a funk, or warn me weeks in advance of a combat anniversary that's hard for him..he'll just "casually" mention the date..but as carers we really have to stick those in our brain because he may only tell us them once.

To be a carer..is a difficult job..but it can be done. He's finally come around this time, and I am going to have him make me a list of triggers just so I can be aware. He doesn't let anyone in but me, his family doesn't even believe that he's open to me because they haven't seen the real him in for so long. But when they are in a safe environment, where they aren't antagonized, or push..I think they learn to open up when they are feeling in a good mood..but everyone is different.

And..I run..it clears my head, and keeps me from losing my mind! So yes, take up kick boxing!

@sarah2012 thank you so very much for your kind words and your comments it makes me realize I am not alone in this battle and that my concerns are not just me . Not sure how to pm message on here but would love to chat with you and maybe support each other at times
Thank you
Chrissy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back