• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Relationship Dating Someone With Ptsd

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Bigheart

I am new at this I was dating a guy for about a month and a half and everything was awesome in the beginning he is a former marine , and told me he has had some issues but we have never discussed it,and then we went from talking on the phone and texting all the time to very distant and nothing at all and then he texts me and tells me he doesn't have any feelings for me anymore , he thought he did but he doesn't , he's tried but there's nothing there , he said he was sorry but he just has issues he's dealing with inside , I care so much for him and I just don't know how to help him, he said he probably doesn't think it will ever get better and it's not fair to drag me through it ?? Does he really not have any feelings ? He told me he is very guarded ! Recent divorced and just with other things that I don't know about .... How can I help him

In such instances, I've found it very helpful to respect the wishes of the other person, go through my grief of letting go, and turn myself towards other relationships. It is painful at first, but in the long run, you save yourself from suffering even more pain.

It has been helpful when friends have reminded me that the other person-who wants to end the relationship, has their own issues that limit their ability to enjoy me. See the split as his limitations, and go forward knowing you are a good and lovable person.0

Last edited:
I was dating a guy for about a month and a half
Honestly, do you really care that much after just a month and a half?
Was this an actual face to face relationship, or correspondence one?
Why is this so important to you, when he is rejecting you after a very short time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back