• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dbt Skills Intro And Mindfulness Skills Challenge 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anarchy

MyPTSD Pro
From Dialectical Behavioural Therapy's origins as a proven way to treat a chronically suicidal population, Its skills training has been extended to many other populations, including business managers.

Participating does not imply that you are suicidal or have "borderline" traits or states. it's open to everyone who is interested

Marsha Linehan, introduced the skills training to run in parallel with one to one therapy, as she had found that the individuals who she was treating, often lacked the basic skills needed to benefit from the therapy, and to build a life worth living. The skills package actually goes way beyond that.

I've previously taken part in @Ms Spock 's mindfulness challenge (even if I wasn't the most diligent of participants) and I'm proposing the same 30 days plus format for this

I will be looking to cover the introduction and the mindfulness skills, which provide the foundation for the other skills.

The text that I'm proposing to use is Linehan's second edition DBT skills handouts and worksheets
http://www.bookdepository.com/DBT-Skills-Training-Handouts-Worksheets-Marsha-M-Linehan/9781572307810
If you already have another DBT skills text, by all means use it, It will be interesting to compare what the different books cover.

I'm looking to start fairly soon, I'll propose 22nd of February for the official start.

If you would like to participate, please post on this thread, or PM me, and I'll include you in the PM
If you are interested.
@

@Anarchy ...did this ever take off?
Because now...I am being prodded to study DBT as part of my therapy. :meh:Yes, it is true...I am one of those people that often have to be delivered 'the clue by four' as FridayJones calls it.

If not no sweat. Just asking encase I missed it among the board. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back