1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Diagnosed with Chronic PTSD, Major Depression and Re-Occuring Psychosis

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by rabcam, Jul 19, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rabcam

rabcam New Member

I'm not sure when it started, but all through my childhood I had suffered emotional abuse, verbal abuse, and also later in my teen years, sexual abuse.
    The times lately that I seem to relive a lot now are the teen years in high school. I was on seizure meds because I'm an epileptic and they had turned me into a walking zombie. I would get ridiculed to my face all through high school, and would freeze. I couldn't respond and would go in the bathroom and cry. I'm sure the pills contributed also. I was on a lot of meds at that time. It has been almost 30 years since that time and even with conseling and meds for it, I still relive some of those days. I have a hard time in crowds of people. I'm ok shopping as long as everyone is moving. It's the sitting still around them that gets to me. I never used to be that way until then. I remember back then I had no feelings. I just felt numb to everything. I thought I'd be dead by the time school was out. I couldn't see past those years. I was wondering, about a half a year ago I had been put on lyrica for my seizures and also was prescribed to wear a seizure helmet. I started feeling some of the ridiculing around people just if they happen to be looking at me. I can tell myself in my head it doesn't make sense, but it feels just like it did back then. I had heard from others that the lyrica had changed their moods and emotions. I'm guessing it's a combination between the two, and also my self-consciousness. I never used to be this bad, but seem to have gotten worst through the years, and more so even now. I don't know if the lyrica has anything to do with this. Does anyone out there know anything about lyrica, or know anyone who is on it? I feel like tapering off this one if this continues, because I'd rather put up with the seizures than the emotional pain again. I can handle the physical, but have more trouble dealing with the emotional pain.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Farmer

Farmer Active Member

Hello Rabcam I to had siesures later in life and I'm pretty shure now it has to do with the ptsd. Because I didn't tell anyone back then of my other problems they just said it was ep. Luckaly they seem to under control now. I know it's hard but be honest with your doc and mybe they can find something that works as for the people that give you those looks they are just ignorant of your bravery and reziliance

4. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Welcome Rabcam. I hope you find some answers here.

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Rabcam, welcome to the forum. I will look into lyrica later tonight for you and post results in the medication forum, which may help you. I must say, your certainly doing it tough though with epilepsy in toe with PTSD. Damn...

Emotional pain is some of the toughest to get through, though its very possible and achievable with some good support and professional help.

6. aloysius

aloysius New Member

Kinda like thePTSD I am a little at a loss. I never dreamed my 900 character would be found. Damn cant even hide

7. aloysius

aloysius New Member

My child wasnt too tramatic at the house.It was me doing me

I have not been diagnosed. Who Knew! But hey I was there doing for my country.Go over I knew I wasnt coming back to the world alive .the disconnect came pretty quick.hiding in my work,and self medicating daily,

I am really freakin stress and frustrated, I be back

8. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Well Rabcam... I am kind off shocked that this drug is even legal, considering its side effects compared to just having the seizure themselves without this particular medication... WOW, is an understatement. I have posted a roundup of information at [DLMURL="http://www.ptsdforum.org/thread326.html"]Lyrica (Pregabalin)[/DLMURL] Treatment of Neuropathic Pain.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2015
  9. purdyamos

purdyamos Active Member

Hi Rabcam, it's ironic, I was just put on anti-epileptics for mood swings though I'm not epileptic. Though I sure have attacks of what you seem to be going through. My current 'allergy' is seeing groups of mates and familes and couples enjoying the sun in the parks. I just feel alien. It doesn't matter how many years ago your torment happened, it's burned into your brain and it will still come calling, things will still set you off. I'm giving you a hug, wherever you are in the world, and I hope that5 this forum willl make a difference in some way. Keep going, you're worth it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Show Sidebar