• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dialectical Behavior Therapy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bopper

New Here
Does anyone on here have any current experience with this treatment? I've had about 7 modules and can't get to the End Of The Class due to being interrupted by Life Demands on my tyme...
[Judges Self, Runs Off to see if the page on Judging is in the backpack]

YES...I'm on my second time around. It is really helping but UGH! It wears me out.

I'm still pretty amazed at being the only one in there with a long term relationship, long term employment, etc.

Am ALWAYS the freak in the group. Am too broken to even belong there...

:(

oh hon, I've been reading some of your posts jsut now!(devonshire cream...) thank you for your reply! I'm away from my training, AND my therapist for over 3 weeks now so I'm so glad to be online with you and the others...

I am taking this therapy right now. I do feel it is helpful. Opening your mind to really think about how you are thinking. I like it.

Bloom, you are not a freak. Why because you have a long term relationship and long term employment, that is a great thing

Everyone else seems like they are able to laugh, and have family and friends and relationships...and enjoy going to weddings, reunions, hanging out...

...and I'd rather live in a dark small safe closet where I don't have to interact in real life.

All the examples they give, I can't imagine caring about any of those things....shopping? Clothes? Television shows?

None of that stuff matters to me.

In DBT, we do 'diary cards.' Someone brings up a situation, big or small, that came up in their life.

We help identify the skills used, skills that could be used.

It always strikes me how isolated from people I am compared to the others. Thay all have some kind ofparent, or grandparent, or extended family...or friends....and I have a coworker and clients.

I just can't relate to even having or caring enough about people to make trying to use the skills worth it.

In particular, I have problems with rational mind/wise mind/emotion mind...can't place myself in there.

I don't have any parents, grandparents, extended family or friends either. Just my hubby and my kids. Their enough for me right now.

I would like to make a friend or two though, that would be nice. I am leary about making friends though because everyone always lets me down. :cry:

I have extended family but they all are scattered around 2 countries, so I never see them. I hate the phone so I rarely talk to any of them. Maybe once in a blue moon, via messages online. Even my mother, sister, and brother live in a different state. I can barely talk to my mother because she says a lot of things that trigger me. Her and my sister have been diagnosed with ptsd also, many of the same symptoms as I have so it is hard to talk to them without getting triggered when they want to start talking about the traumas we have been through- thanks, father. There's also other things going on with them that I don't want to get into right now. I can't even ever bring myself to call them. People always have to call me first, and it feels so awkward when they do. When anyone tries to talk to me, really. Like I have forgotten how to socialize properly. Lost the map(if I ever even had it). I have one person I consider a friend but she too lives out of state and we hardly talk. She comes to see me sometimes but she always wants to go out and is having a hard time understanding why I don't like to do the things that everyone else does, and why I am so withdrawn. A girl in one of my classes gave me her number and said she wanted to hang out sometime but I didn't call her. She won't want to be my friend when she realizes I am so messed up. How would I explain to her, "hey, I actually don't like to go out".. what options does that leave for hanging out with someone? What would I even say. People always back away a bit when they find out about my issues. My fiances cousin even said I'm the only person she is afraid of, she said "I would never want to get on her bad side". See? People just don't understand.

I wish I had a group for knowing what any of this is, and a module sounds like something space people live in. I think I'm seriously behind things, but am extremely conversant with phone and friend avoidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back