• 💖 [Donate To Keep MyPTSD Online] 💖 Every contribution, no matter how small, fuels our mission and helps us continue to provide peer-to-peer services. Your generosity keeps us independent and available freely to the world. MyPTSD closes if we can't reach our annual goal.

Dom Violence Did you stay?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When they start begging and pleading, how do you stay strong? I've realized now how bad things were. I minimized like it wasn't physical and verbal abuse but it was. Since the beginning. I've said no, but he acts as if there is still hope and I'm not sure what to do.

Have you read up on trauma bonding? If not, it will help explain things a bit I think. I kept remembering all the awful things my ex done to me, all the times I felt so sad, and told myself it will only be so much worse if I go back.

I think I'm feeling scared, but then I feel guilty for saying that I'm scared of what he might do. I don't really know what to do and I feel like I have no idea who to talk about this with. No one in my life has gone through something like this and my friends and family are in the "he's an ass, forget him" mindset and don't think it warrants further discussion. But there's so much more than that.

Do you have a therapist? If not, can you get one, one who knows about domestic violence, I agree there's SO much more to it, you can't just 'forget him' you need to speak with someone so you can process everything.

There's a local domestic and sexual abuse shelter in our area that offers free counseling for as long or as often as you need it...not based on income or anything, simply based on life experience. Are there any places like that in your area? Sending thoughts of strength.

I have a psych, but she's out for the next two months. I'm super missing her right now. Plus I'm super excited to tell her I went through with it. It's gonna be a huge surprise for her :joyful:

I've been seeing my GP in the meantime for med follow ups and I've had a close relationship with her, so I'm hoping that will help tide me over.

*had a close relationship with her for years

Plus I feel like the more professionals know about what's going on, the better it might be if he actually does something bad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back