1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Didnt Know I Could Have This...

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by CerebusJude, Aug 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CerebusJude

CerebusJude New Member

Hi there... Im 31 years old... coping with PTSD, altough i was never diagnosed, its pretty obvious. Found out about it after being refered on ATAQ web site.. French site on different Anx problems.. refered by doc.

I started to have this problem at a young age.. so at first, well.. when you've always been like 'that', its hard to know your not nessecarily coping in a normal way to life. I've been brought up, with my brother, by an abusive parent... (like many others, I know, in this case it was my mom) for 18 years, so it was a slow process really, getting there. Everyday in that house was fear, terror. Seeing my brother getting bitch-slapped until he cried, and my brother seeing me being verbally asssaulted until i broke, put us both in the PSTD lifestyle.

I understand 'Nobody's' posts... I too have talked about this far frome enough... I relived the images and scenes in my head everyday... relived the terror, the angst... went into daydreaming phases where i would either reinact or invent a whole other life. I too, am hypersensitive it seems... i read on the cite that that was normal... symptoms were desensitisation and also hyper-readyness... I have also did the eye movement thing for the blasts in the past... Im just... tired. Tired of being afraid of everything.... tired of not being able to trust anyone... to not be able to love the people around me who love me the way they should... my boyfriend.. my son... Id like to be able to think i can do the things i a imagine.. Id like to know how to feel... how to enjoy. Oh, i do sometimes.. i just seem to always fall back in some kind of lethargic vortex. anyways.... sorry for the lenght of this..

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. She Cat

She Cat I'm a VIP Premium Member

Hi...

Welcome to the forum....(((((Hugs))))) we all need them now and again.

Wendy

4. nie

nie Wishing for wings to fly. Premium Member Donated

Welcome CerebusJude. I hope you can find a safe place here.

Nieccole

5. anthony

anthony Renovation Aficionado Founder

Hi Jude, welcome to the forum.