1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Daily Dose

Get the last 24hrs of new topics delivered to your inbox.

Click Here to Subscribe

Dinner Bell - What Are You Eating Today?

Discussion in 'Social' started by Portabella, Feb 22, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

What are you eating today/tonight? I am having Vegetable Lasagna and Cottage Fries. Yummm.....I am soooo hungry too.

2. Register to participate in live chat, PTSD discussion and more.
  3. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Ohhh, you really touched my favorite topic!
    I absolutelly LOVE to coock. Unfortunatelly, because it is pretty hard to be a full-time employee, a full-time student, and a full-time housekeeper, I had to trust by step-son to coock for the family until I'm graduated. :loopy:
    Tonught, he prepered a beef tounge in tomato salsa. I ate a piece of it with a plate of brown rice, and feel so nice and full now!

4. Scott_Fraser

Scott_Fraser Well-Known Member

You can't beet an Indian Curry like a Madras or a Korma, with a large slice of Naan Bread, and watered down with a glass of Ice Cold Beer. MMM Lovely. Although be warned, a Madras is very hot and can blow your ass off afterwards.
    Scott:rofl:

5. mac

mac Active Member

Last night I had a 1/2 lb burger/cheese, katsup, on a bun. Several fish sticks. A large bowl of frosted mini wheats/milk. Several Hershey Choc Kisses. A Gatorade drink. I might be forgetting something.

6. Scott_Fraser

I thought you were on a diet Mac, or is that a "seafood" diet. Everytime you see food you eat it.:rofl:
    Scott

7. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

-Which birds are most useful for humans?
    -Fried ones!

I'm a chicken lover :loopy:

8. Scott_Fraser

Not at the moment Linda, nearly all the chickens and turkeys have Asian Bird Flu, which has reached the UK. So be wary what you are buying ok.
    Scott
    PS nothing beets a good plate of Borsch

9. becvan

becvan Queen of the Blunt! Premium Member

I just got told I have to eat because I'm dropping weight rapidly... again.. So I made a "dad rescue me" call and asked him to go and buy every fattening thing he can get his hands on.. Doctor orders to munch! LOL

So I have no idea what I will end up eating.. but I know it has to be very fattening! The opposite of most women's diets.. it's annoying as hell.

bec

10. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Scott, it is not that's easy to get the bird flu from the chicken boutgh is the store wnd well-cooked :crazy-eye
    By the way, my mom is going to coock Borsch tomorrow. She is always using bones with marrow for the broth, and it tastes AMAZING!
    Do you like Salo? :eek:ccasion:

11. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

Bec, I wish to be dropping some weight! :dont-know
    Here is a recipi for those who wants to be chunky.
    Take a pound of beef, chop it in cubes, and rub with salt and pepper. Put in the ceramic baking dish. Then take a pound of white potato, cut in cubes, rub with salt and pepper, mix with a mid-size chopped onion, and put over the meat. Cover the form with foil. Put some bay leavesm peppercorn, ir whatever spice you usually use. Bake in the oven in medium temperature until the meat is tender.
    Or, the Latino version.
    Take a pound of fat pork, and cut in cubes. Soak in lime juice, add chopped jalapenio peppers, garlick, onion, and ground annato seeds, and leave for a half hour. Then put on the pan and sautee until tender. In the meantime, peel a large yucka, adn boil it until soft. Put yucka on the plate, and then put pork over it. Eat while hot!
    Have a good appetite :eek:ccasion:

12. Nam

Nam I'm a VIP

Chicken alfredo with veggies on top of linguine noodles. YUM.

13. Portabella

Portabella Well-Known Member

Earlier this evening I ate a large bowl of lime flavored Ramen Noodles that my son had left over. I was not going to eat, but he couldn't finish, so I hate waste so I ate it. Essentially I had second hand noodles........:crazy-eye